“The Wrecking Crew” and “Racing Extinction” films chosen to bookend festival
Boulder - The 11th Annual Boulder International Film Festival (BIFF) featuring over 50 films will open this year’s festival on March 5, 2015 with a red carpet gala and a screening of “The Wrecking Crew” directed by Denny Tedesco. The closing night awards celebration will be on March 8, 2015 and will feature “Racing Extinction” directed by Academy Award® winning director Louie Psihoyos.
“The Wrecking Crew” is the feature documentary about the Wrecking Crew – the most famous studio band in the history of music. For six years in a row, the Grammy for Record of the Year went to Wrecking Crew as they backed-up celebrated performers like Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, and the Beach Boys. This long awaited film was made by the director as a tribute to his father, the legendary Tommy Tedesco, and features more than 100 of their songs including: “California Girls”, “Mrs. Robinson”, “Monday Monday”, “Viva Las Vegas” and many more.
· Tickets may be purchased for $65 at http://www.biff1.com/2015/02/opening-night/
· Special guest appearance by director Denny Tedesco
· Pre-Film parties at Boulderado Hotel and Rembrandt Yard, 5:30pm-7:30pm
· Small plates by Big Red F Restaurants
· Wine by Francis Ford Coppola Winery
· Beer by Boulder Beer and Avery Brewing
· Costumed characters created by Reinke Brothers, Monster Make-up FX, and MakeUpMania
· Film screening at Boulder Theater, doors open 7:30pm, film to start 8:00pm
View "The Wrecking Crew" trailer HERE.
Scientists predict we may lose half the species on the planet by 2100. Directly from last month’s Sundance film festival, “Racing Extinction” is a thrilling feature documentary that follows activists with covert cameras stalking shark-fin hunters, illegal wild animal traders, factory feedlots, and black market endangered species restaurants. Join director and Boulder resident Louie Psihoyos for an action packed evening with a Q&A following the screening. Includes producer Olivia Ahnemann, co-producer Gina Papabeis, and racecar driver Leilani Munter, who is featured in the film.
· Tickets may be purchased for $30 at http://www.biff1.com/2015/02/closing-night/
· Mobile projection racecar around Boulder showing endangered animals
· Doors open for Festival Pass Holders 6:00pm, open to public at 6:15pm
· Awards Ceremony & Tribute with Bill Vielehr award sculptures 7:00pm
· Film 7:30pm
· Q&A to follow
View "Racing Extinction" trailer HERE.
“We will announce an outstanding lineup of films on February 12th, featuring Colorado Filmmakers, Academy Award winners, and Sundance favorites,” said Robin Beeck, Festival Executive Director. “And we couldn’t be more thrilled with this year’s Opening and Closing night films. Both are much anticipated films that will entertain, exhilarate, and inspire."
About Boulder International Film Festival
The Boulder International Film Festival brings films and filmmakers from around the world to Boulder for a four-day celebration of the art of cinema. The Festival attracts more than 25,000 film enthusiasts, media and industry each year and will take place from March 5-8, 2015. For tickets and more information http://www.biff1.com
Boulder International Film Festival