Over 50 Machines Under Power, 11 Leading Edge Technical Seminars and
Many New Machines to be Featured at Major Open House Event.
Sudbury, MA, U.S.A. (April 1, 2014)– Methods Machine Tools, Inc., a leading supplier of innovative precision machine tools, automation and accessories, today announced they are hosting Metal Storm 2014, a major open house event that will take place June 11-12, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. each day at the company's recently expanded, renovated headquarters and corporate technology center at 71 Union Avenue in Sudbury, Massachusetts. http://www.methodsmachine.com/news-events/open-house-ms.aspx
Metal Storm 2014 will feature over 50 machines under power. This year Methods will showcase YASDA’s Precision Machining Centers including the new H40i-PC24 5-Axis High Precision Machining Center for exceptional repeatability and accuracy, and the new YBM 640V3 and YBM 950V3-Axis CNC Vertical Jig Borers which provide high-speed, precision boring and milling operations for superior accuracy in mold, die and complex component manufacturing. A newly expanded line of KIWA Horizontal Machining Centers will be introduced at Metal Storm. With the new KIWA KMH Series, the competitively priced KIWA line now has pallet sizes ranging from 300 mm to 1,250 mm. A 30- and a 40-Taper 300 mm pallet machine, and a 40-Taper 500 mm model are among the KIWA machines that will be on hand. SeveralNakamura models will be showcased, including the new AS-200 High Performance Multitasking Turning Center featuring a single spindle, single turret in a heavy duty and compact machine for exceptional value. New FEELER models will include the FT-250SY 4-Axis Turning Center that is making its North American debut at the event, as well as the new SBM 2000 Universal Milling Machine with articulated head and integrated 4th Axis. The FEELER High Performance line includes Vertical Machining Centers, Turning Centers including Vertical Turning Lathes and Bridge / Boring Mills, all which will be demonstrated at Metal Storm.
Numerous FANUC D-Series RoboDrills will be under power with demonstrations including the Pallet Changer model with a 4th Axis shuttle package and a D21LiA 5-Axis machine featuring the latest RTT-112 Tilt/Rotary Axis linear table from Tsudakoma. Additionally, there will be a demonstration of the FANUC DDR-T Linear 4th Axis with tailstock and trunion fixture. FANUC RoboCut EDM machines will be demonstrating PCD and anti-recast cuts and featuring the capabilities of the latest version of Automatic Wire Feed Systems. Current EDM with be demonstrating CNC EDM Drilling of small holes on the CT-400 machine.
Methods will also be introducing four high-end machine builders from Italy, which specialize in Aerospace and Automotive manufacturing. The FFG Europe Group consists of Jobs, Sigma, Sachman and Rambaudi. The Sigma Tandem 6A will be featured.
Several pre-engineered automation solutions will also be demonstrated at Metal Storm including the popular RoboDrill JobShop Cell for efficient part loading / unloading. A RoboDrill Twin Cell featuring two FANUC RoboDrills being serviced by a single robot and optimizing loading / unloading time will be under power. The Methods Lathe JobShop Cell will feature the new single spindle Nakamura AS-200 in a pre-engineered, flexible cell. For large parts, the Nakamura NTJX will be set up in a cell with capacity to load up to 60 lbs. of blanks into and out of the NTJX. And attendees can learn firsthand how easy FANUC robots are to control by participating in an interactive Methods / FANUC Robot Learning Lab. Fastems will be onsite with a working scaled model which showcases their high pallet capacity flexible manufacturing system (FMS), and its full capabilities.
Metrology solutions will include demonstrations of Carl Zeiss CMM’s and surface / roundness checking machines, and the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator 300, 500 and new 700 Series. The VisionGauge 700 Series is a full 5-Axis inspection and measurement system developed for the aerospace industry
Attendees are also invited to participate in leading-edge technical seminars conducted throughout the two-day event by manufacturing industry experts in automotive, aerospace, automation and more on key topics including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, EDM solutions, CAMplete Turn / Mill Technology & Selecting the Right Turning Machine, Choosing the Best Automation Solution, 5-Axis Inspection, Turnkey Engineering Solutions, Understanding Design for Manufacturing & Assembly and more. For a full list of seminars, please see page #3 & 4 of this release.
Methods will partner with several of their suppliers to feature Bar Feeders, Chip Management, Rotary Tables, Power Holders, Expendable Tooling, Tool Holders, Work Holding, Tool and Part Probes, High Pressure Coolant Systems, Tool Monitoring, FMS Pallet Systems, Metrology, Air Filtration / Mist Collectors, EDM Tooling & Consumables, Tool Pre-setters, Coolant, CAD / CAM Systems and Tooling and Post Processing Software. Attendees can also learn about specials and Financing Services from Methods.“Metal Storm offers manufacturers an opportunity to discuss their applications, and see the latest machine tool and automation technology in a more casual environment than a traditional trade show,” said Mr. Bryon Deysher, President & CEO, Methods Machine Tools, Inc. Metal Storm typically attracts more than 1,500 people from approximately 450 companies located throughout North America.
Methods Machine Tools invites manufacturing professionals to attend Metal Storm 2014 June 11 - 12 to see the broad range of machining and automation solutions the company offers. Door prizes will be awarded through-out the event and lunch will be served each day. For more information or to register, please visit http://www.methodsmachine.com/news-events/open-house-ms.aspx or call (978) 443-5388. Please register no later than June 10th.
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. has been a leading supplier of precision machine tools, automation and accessories for over 55 years, providing extensive applications engineering support, installation, parts, service and training through a network of large state-of-the-art technology centers and dealers throughout North America. For more information about Metal Storm 2014, please contact Methods at 65 Union Avenue, Sudbury, MA 01776, TEL: (978) 443-5388, FAX: (978) 440-9405, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.methodsmachine.com.
Metal Storm Technical Seminars List
- ROI & Production Benefits of Purchasing Machine Tool Automation will cover how to determine what you need in an automation solution by providing an overview of what comprises an automation cell and what the associated costs are. The robot is a fundamental choice, but what about all the accessories? The seminar will examine options for picking up parts, bringing the parts into the cell and more.
- CAMplete Turn / Mill Technology - The Reality of Developing the Process will review options and explain how to determine which platform - 2-turret, 3-turret or Y-Axis, is best for your requirements.
- EDM Precision for Success will be an in-depth review of the features of the FANUC RoboCut Wire EDM including AIP2, new cutting technology for PCD machining, tapered automatic wire repair though the kerf, auto select mode in automatic wire feed and RoboCut Link machine monitoring.
- Turnkey Engineering from Methods Machine Tools will be presented by a tier-one automotive speaker. Learn how Methods and their partners supply world-class, full turnkey responsibility and engineering including machining centers, robotic interfacing, programming, fixturing, tooling and documentation, cradle to grave, time study and design to final run-off and acceptance.
- Understanding Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DfMA) will be presented by the former leader of the Sikorsky Aircraft DfMA team. The seminar will cover the critical role that Design for Manufacturing & Assembly plays at all stages of the manufacturing process as part complexity and demand for high precision increases. Those involved at the design stage, production, delivery or any role in-between, will benefit from learning essential strategies. Job shop owners should not miss this seminar!
- Introduction to Jobs will provide an overview on Jobs, the world's leading composite manufacturing solution for large aerospace structural components and automotive molds.
- 5-Axis Inspection - The new 700 Series VisionGauge will review the latest developments with the VisionGauge Digital Optical Comparator with emphasis on the new 5-Axis 700 Series. The seminar will help you determine your best inspection solution and discuss application successes.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in the Manufacturing World Today will be presented by Mr. Mark Foster, President of AFI offering over 30 years of teaching, coaching and mentoring experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as well as Zeiss Metrology solutions.
- Understanding Geometric & Volumetric Accuracy will discuss the design and construction of a machine tool as it relates to geometric and volumetric accuracy. The seminar will cover the definitions of the terms, the specific effect it has on part manufacture and why a higher accuracy machine is beneficial.
- Introduction to Sigma will provide an overview on Sigma Machine Tools & the high accuracy Tandem 6A platform for breaking bottlenecks and improving throughput. On display at Metal Storm, the versatile Tandem 6A can act as a 3-sided machining center for 80 inch parts, or offer horizontal pallet changing or 5-Axis pallet changing.
- Digitally Powering Productivity will cover whether you have the right tools on your machines, in the right sequence. Learn about an on-demand digital assistant incorporating data-rich machining strategies to optimize productivity from part quoting through programming, presetting and production.