Mark Dent has expanded his role as vice president and general manager for Turner Construction Company. He is now responsible for leading operations and business strategy for Turner in Georgia and the Carolinas.
Dent has been with Turner for more than 30 years, most recently serving as vice president and general manager for Turner’s Carolina office. His career with Turner began in 1985 in the firm’s New York office. Transferred to the Cleveland office in 1986, he eventually had operations responsibilities for the firm’s Northern Ohio business units, which included both Cleveland and Toledo. In 2007 he was promoted to vice president and general manager for the Cleveland office.
He also served as manager of the Cleveland Office’s Interiors Division, which meets the needs of clients who want Turner’s expertise for interior and related jobs. His construction industry expertise includes:
- Preconstruction Management
- Program Management
- Project/Construction Management
- Design-Build and Design-Build Finance
- Building Maintenance
- Multiple Building Programs
- Green Buildings
- Procurement (Turner Logistics)
Turner Construction is one of Atlanta’s top construction companies and recently moved to a new 9,579 sq. ft. office at 3495 Piedmont Road, Suite 700, in the heart of Atlanta’s Buckhead business district. The new space offers collaborative advantages that are allowing the company to respond quickly to client needs as business growth accelerates.
Current high profile projects for which Dent is responsible include:
- Three Alliance office tower in Buckhead
- Terry College of Business Learning Community Phase II building at the University of Georgia
- Baxter Pharmaceutical manufacturing plant near Covington, Georgia
- Completed major projects he’s been involved with include The Bank of America Stadium upgrades (Charlotte), The Boeing Company North Charleston 1A & 1B Extended Positions project, and Clemson University’s Watt Family Innovation Center.
Beyond his management responsibilities, Dent has a long history of community and civic involvement and believes strongly that Turner and its employees need to give back to the communities in which they work and live. The company has created events such as Turner Atlanta’s “Paint the Town Blue,” a day of service where employees engage in community improvement activities around the Atlanta area.
His personal commitment to Atlanta and the Carolinas includes:
- Involvement with Boy Scouts of America, serving on the executive board
- Member of North Carolina Governor’s Advisory Council of Historically Underutilized and Small Businesses
- Council Member for Charlotte Minority Economic Development Initiative (CMEDI)
Dent and his wife Kim live in the Brookhaven neighborhood of Atlanta.
About Turner Construction Company
Turner is a North American-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse and numerous market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community. With a staff of 5,200 employees who work on more than 1,500 projects each year, we offer clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization. The Atlanta office has 195 full-time employees. www.turnerconstruction.com.