September 18, 2014 is National Cheeseburger Day and Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels® and Benchmark Resorts & Hotels® are serving up ten burgers worth traveling for. Whether they are preferred, as Jimmy Buffet says, with Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes or with a sophisticated bacon jam or port poached figs, these burgers are sure to inspire a country-wide road trip.
From Seattle to San Antonio, Texas, the ten cheeseburgers worth traveling for are:
Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels®
1. Seattle -- The Hunt Club restaurant at the iconic Sorrento Hotel in Seattles First Hill neighborhood offers its Hunts Burger as a high-end build-your-own burger option. The basic Hunts Burger starts with an 8 oz. Wagyu blend patty (50% wagyu/50% leaner chuck) on an Essential Bakery Organic Brioche Bun with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickle, and Dijonaise. Guests may add two different types of local cheese by Beechers Cheese (their No Woman or Cheddar cheese), thick-cut bacon, a fried egg and caramelized onion.
2. Seattle -- Barking Frog at Willows Lodge in Woodinville Wine Country just East of Seattle offers its Ninety Farms Beef Burger with caramelized onions, bacon, pepper jack, lettuce, mama lil's aïoli, guacamole, all on a potato roll for $16. Ninety Farms is a 50-acre family owned and run farm nestled in along the banks of the Stillaguamish River in Arlington, about an hour north of Seattle. The farm raises and supplies Barking Frog with 100% grass-fed beef.
3. Napa Valley, California -- Lucy Restaurant & Bar at Bardessono in the foodie haven of Yountville in Californias Napa Valley offers its Masami Ranch Burger, using a house-made bun with freshly ground, 100% Kobe beef and a choice of blue, cheddar or gruyere cheese. This burger also features pickled vegetables from the hotels garden and twice cooked fries (blanched and then fried).
4. Rancho Santa Fe, California --Enjoy an All-American burger at Morada, the Inn at Rancho Santa Fes signature restaurant. Topped on a freshly baked brioche bun with a garlic aioli spread this classic burger is handcrafted with ground chuck and American waygu beef. Dressed with savory accoutrements, juice port-poached figs, Port Reyes bleu cheese and baby wild arugula, this delectable burger is sure to satisfy.
5. Vero Beach, Florida -- Chef Antonio Estremera burgers at The Wave Kitchen & Bar in Costa dEste Beach Resort & Spa in Vero Beach, feature a handcrafted blend of short rib and brisket of American black angus beef. While the menu features seven burgers to choose from, yes seven, no resort owned by Gloria and Emilio Estefan would be complete without the signature hamburguesa: The Cuban. This spicy sweet sensation includes sliced chorizo, guava barbecue sauce and queso blanco. Dale!
6. Orlando, Florida After a full day at the theme parks or on the 45-holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf, theres nothing better than a burger. The Clubhouse at Villas of Grand Cypress offers the Kobe Burger on their newly debuted menu. Made with fire-grilled American Kobe beef, choice of caramelized onions, baby bella mushrooms or Applewood smoked bacon, the Kobe Burger offers a choice of provolone, cheddar, American, crumbled blue or pepper jack cheeses. Can you stop at just one?
Benchmark Resorts & Hotels®
7. Jackson Hole, Wyoming Haydens Post at the Snow King Hotel offers a bison burger thats sure to please. When in Wyoming The Post Burger features either Bison or grass fed organic beef, smoked cheddar cheese on a brioche bun. Bacon is available to dress this delicious selection, naturally.
8. Chicagoland, IL -- The Eaglewood Resort & Spa in Chicagoland has a curiously delicious creation that is worth the drive. Chef John Billings' Hunting Camp Game Cheddar Burger with chipotle, tequila, beer maple aioli is a knockout. The burger reaches outstanding foodie heights with locally-tapped Danielsons Sugarbush, house-cured Wild Boar Rashers (bacon) on a Cheddar Jalapeno Roll. If you have room left over, and that's a big IF, enjoy the bacon seared sweet potato cottage fries. We challenge you!
9. New Brunswick, New Jersey In 2011, New Jersey Monthly was on a mission to find the best burger in New Jersey, hosting the Great Burger Showdown. The Heldrich was awarded the coveted #2 Burger in the state of New Jersey. New executive chef, CJ Chambers has kept the tradition alive with a twist. The Christophers Burger, a Waygu Beef burger with caramelized onions, bacon jam and brie cheese. The burger is featured in Christopher's Restaurant and Christopher's Bar.
0. San Antonio, Texas Executive Chef Jordan Mackey of Hotel Contessa's signature Spanish restaurant, Las Ramblas, is big into tapas, but with football season around the corner has created an over the top burger with a Spanish twist that could be a game day contender. Mackey's signature Las Ramblas Burger is a blend of short rib and sirloin, seasoned with a combination of pimenton, cumin, fried fresh herbs, garlic, salt, sugar and Aleppo chili. It's then layered on a semolina bun with crispy manchego cheese and a special sauce of harissa Moroccan chili paste, mayonnaise, minced picked vegetables, cilantro, peppadew peppers and lemon. Mackey tops the burger with a fried egg, bibb lettuce and heirloom tomato. The ultimate VIP topper includes a colorful combination of piquillo peppers, Spanish olives and a spicy fried, head-on shrimp, all skewered into the burger. Delicioso!
About Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels®
Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels® includes unique hand-picked properties in spectacular U.S. destinations coast to coast. Each hotel and resort delivers personal luxury in a spirit true to its own distinctive locale, yet in keeping with the collections shared mission. They represent a select portfolio of Benchmark Hospitality International®, which has been a leading US-based hospitality management company for over 30 years. Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels is the preferred choice of guests who yearn for transformation over accommodation, customization over conformity, and inspiration over predictability. With Personal Luxury Resorts & Hotels, luxury is always personal.http://www.personalluxuryresortsandhotels.com. To become a fan on Facebook, visithttp://www.facebook.com/PersonalLuxuryResortsandHotels, or follow us on Twitter athttp://www.twitter.com/PersLuxResorts.
About Benchmark Resorts & Hotels®
Benchmark Resorts & Hotels® represents the finest in lodging, dining, recreational and meeting accommodations. Many are certified by the International Association of Conference Centers, the leading professional organization governing the multi-billion dollar conference center industry on five continents, and many have also been recognized with the coveted Benchmark Conference Centers® certification of meeting excellence. Benchmark Resorts & Hotels deliver highly specialized service that anticipates guests needs and ensures a hospitality experience unsurpassed and long remembered. http://www.benchmarkresortsandhotels.com. To become a fan on Facebook, visithttp://www.facebook.com/BenchmarkResortsandHotels, or follow us on Twitter athttp://www.twitter.com/BenchmarkHotels.