June 25, 2014 (St. Louis) – The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Greater St. Louis Chapter elected its 2014-15 board of directors. Deborah “Debbie” Weaver, Midwest Litigation Services co-founder and president, is the incoming chapter president.
NAWBO Greater St. Louis Chapter, which is the region’s premiere women’s business networking organization, has members who work and reside in the greater St. Louis, St. Charles, St. Peters and Southern Illinois metropolitan areas. The St. Louis Chapter is a recognized chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, which has its headquarters in McLean, VA.
Weaver co-founded St. Louis-based Midwest Litigation Services, a court reporting and trial services provider, in 1988 with her late partner and mentor, Kelly Willis. With more than 45 full-time employees, 100 independent contractors, and 250 litigation service partners nationwide, Midwest has now expanded to 11 locations throughout Missouri, Kansas and Illinois providing seamless support service, regardless of client locations. Weaver was selected as one of St. Louis Business Journal’s “Most Influential Business Women” in 2001, and in 2011 the company was selected as one of the publication’s “Hero of the Planet” award winners.
“It is an honor to be involved with this incredible organization and talented group of St. Louis women business owners and leaders. Our goal is to engage, educate and encourage women business owners in all facets of the business cycle from the emerging business owner to the well-established, mature company,” said Weaver.
The NAWBO Greater St. Louis 2014 – 15 board of directors include:
· President - Debbie Weaver, Midwest Litigation Services
· Vice President - Danelle Ward, Acropolis Investment Management, LLC
· Treasurer / Immediate Past President - Jennah Purk, CPA, MST, Purk & Associates, P.C.
· Membership Chairperson – Dawn Weinhardt, Weinhardt Party Rentals
· Sponsorship and Fundraising Chairperson – Allison McKeel, McKeel Employers Law Group
· Public Relations / Marketing, and Nominations Chairperson – Ann Marie Mayuga, AMM Communications LLC
· Learning Chairperson – Dorothy Carlin, Simply Strategy
· Public Policy Chairperson – Cynthia Brussee, CT Innovations
· Communications Chairperson – Tiffany Hoeckelman, Lone Orange Marketing Design
NAWBO Greater St. Louis Chapter, a recognized chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, is the premiere networking organization for women business owners located in the St. Louis metropolitan area and Southern Illinois. To learn more, please visit, www.nawbostl.org, or call, 314.954.8344.