SAN ANTONIO — June 16, 2014 — Based on its growing popularity and strong customer demand, Whataburger and H-E-B announced today Whataburger’s Honey Butter and Premium Pork Sausage are now available at H-E-B and Central Market stores in Texas.
Honey Butter, the key ingredient to the company’s Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit, is a customer favorite: there have been nearly 20,000 mentions of the sauce on Twitter in 2014 alone. The company’s sausage is also widely enjoyed on breakfast items from Whataburger’s famous Taquitos to its Breakfast on a Bun®.
H-E-B will carry Whataburger’s Honey Butter in 16-ounce bottles at all of its stores, including Central Market. The Premium Pork Sausage is available in one-pound rolls, and is made with the same original recipe and proprietary seasoning blend used in Whataburger restaurants. Both products can be found in the refrigerated section of the store.
“We’ve heard loud and clear from our customers, especially on social media, they love the Honey Butter and wanted us to bottle it,” said Senior Vice President of Whataburger Retail Dino Del Nano. “Our customers also talk a lot about the flavor and quality of our sausage, so Whataburger is glad to bring these signature breakfast items into the homes of our customers by selling our Premium Pork Sausage and Honey Butter in H-E-B stores.”
“We continue to receive overwhelming customer support for our ever-expanding Whataburger line of products,” said Reade Ahrens, H-E-B Group Vice President of Grocery Procurement and Merchandising. "We are dedicated to providing Texans with the products and brands they love, and we look forward to introducing even more unique and beloved items for our customers to enjoy.”
“We value the great partnership we have with H-E-B and are excited to bring these customer favorites to their shelves,” Del Nano added.
- If I could marry the Honey Butter sauce from Whataburger I would. – Chelsea A.
- Whataburger just needs to take it up one more notch and sell that honey butter sauce at the store. Omg, I [would] die. – Erica N.
- @Whataburger should bottle and sell the honey butter from the HBCBs like they do ketchup... I would buy so much of it. – Andrew C.
- Go to @Whataburger get a cup of honey butter. Dip your fries in it. You're welcome. – Dyllon B.
- If you haven't yet, I advise y'all to order Honey Butter Sauce as a dipping sauce with your chicken strip at @Whataburger it's heaven!!!” – CJ
- Currently just had the breakfast of champions! Sausage Egg and Cheese Taquitos and a Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit! #whataburger – Andrew S.
- Just realized I've had @Whataburger for breakfast 624 times over the past 3 years. You make a mean sausage biscuit with cheese. #thanks – Chris G.
- 2 sausage egg and cheese taquitos from Whataburger always put me in a good spirit! - Jessica R.
- The only good thing about working late is knowing @Whataburger has a hot sausage BOB waiting for me when I get off. - Geoffrey N.
Whataburger has focused on its fresh, made-to-order burgers and friendly customer service since 1950 when Harmon Dobson opened the first Whataburger as a small roadside burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas. Dobson gave his restaurant a name he hoped to hear customers say every time they took a bite of his made-to-order burgers: “What a burger!” Within the first week, people lined up around the block for his 25 cent, 100 percent beef burgers served on five-inch buns. Today, the company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with more than 750 locations in 10 states with sales of more than $1 billion annually. Visit www.whataburger.com for more information on the company or become a fan on Facebook and Twitter. Visit Whataburger's press room at http://whataburger.com/company/pressroom.