Baby Food in Australia is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. The annual number of births in Australia rose up to 2012, providing a boost to sales, but has subsequently fallen, restricting sales potential. All sectors, except drinks, have experienced some growth during the review period, the cereals and snacks sector in particular proving dynamic with an overall increase of 100%. Milks represent the largest proportion of baby food sales, accounting for 45% of volume in 2015. Wet meals, on the other hand, have seen a decline in their share since a peak in 2011, and in 2015 accounted for 29% of retail sales. Drinks have never been very popular and have lost further share over the past few years, with the result that in 2015 they claimed under 1% of retail sales.
- In 2015, the value of the Australian baby food market represented an increase of 31.7% since 2009. By contrast, overall consumption of baby food rose by just 1% between 2009 and 2015.
- Milks represent the largest proportion of baby food sales, accounting for 57% of overall value in 2015. Cereals and snacks increased their value share of the market from 9% in 2009 to 13%.
- The Australian market in 2016 presents a quite different manufacturer profile from 2009. Established players such as Heinz, Nestlé, and Wyeth (now Aspen) have seen their shares slide, while regional brands, including a2 Platinum, Rafferty's Garden (Cussons), and Bellamy's Organic, have experienced rapid increases in their shares.
- The distribution of baby milks in Australia has completely changed during the past two decades, with the grocery channel overtaking pharmacies as the main sales outlet. By 2015, pharmacies' share had dropped to an estimated 12%.
To access full report with TOC, please visit Baby Food in Australia.
“Baby Food in Australia” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Australia market.
This report offers:
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyze current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition Pty Ltd HJ Heinz Australia Co Ltd Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Ltd Rafferty's Garden Pty Limited Nestlé Australia Ltd Bellamy's Organics Only Organic Baby Food Ltd The a2 Milk Company.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research