KioWare Kiosk Software has released an update for the new KioWare for Windows (Version 8.2), focusing on simplifying the configuration process and providing more customization capabilities. This update is available to existing KioWare for Windows and KioWare Classic for Windows license holders (with current support).
Key new features of KioWare for Windows Version 8.2 include:
- A tool to import KioWare Classic for Windows xml files into a usable KioWare for Windows configuration file (JSON). This feature is a valuable time saver for existing KioWare Classic for Windows users as they transition to the new KioWare for Windows. Import a current configuration file into the tool and out comes a new configuration file for use with KioWare for Windows 8.2.
- A simplified attract screen drop down allows users to drop attract screen assets into a specified folder in order to easily create a custom, auto playing, attract screen via simple drag and drop.
- The Configuration Tool layout and design has been modified in order to improve user experience, particularly when used on a touch screen device.
- Using the pop up color picker, you can now customize tab colors and background colors to create an end user experience that is fully integrated with your brand, website, or application styles.
- New HTML keyboards are now available for more than 50 language locales.
- Pop up dialogs can now be customized and styled to create a cohesive experience for end users.
- New options have been added to the “open new window” scenario. By default, KioWare automatically determines if a new url should be opened via new tab or pop up (based on size). KioWare can be set to open new urls all in new tabs or (new feature) all in new pop up windows.
- Users now have the ability to set a timeout warning dialog for users before session restarts due to inactivity. Called “Show inactivity warning”, the custom text box appears, and can be modified, below the selection.
- Newly added to KioWare for Windows, command line install options can be used for unattended/scripted installation.
- Users can now import both settings files and package files to KioWare for Windows (previously only package files were supported).
KioWare Basic for Windows and KioWare Full for Windows also offer device support. The following new devices have been added.
- ChipDNA, already supported in KioWare Classic for Windows, is now supported by new KioWare for Windows. ChipDNA (1.7) supports a variety of different EMV PINpads and communication protocols for those PINpads. This addition makes KioWare for Windows a great solution for EMV compliant credit card processing.
- Also added is the Code Corp Code Reader™ 1000 (CR1000), a compact, cabled barcode reader that takes up limited workspace.
- The Sankyo SHT1610-0730 Dispenser is also now supported. This dispenser handles a variety of card options, allowing for dispensing of cards to end users.
According to Jim Kruper, President & Founder of KioWare, "The newly available importer tool and the ability for users to convert from KioWare Classic to the new KioWare for Windows means that existing KioWare clients are able to seamlessly transition their kiosks to the new version. It was important to us to make the transition as painless as possible for current clients, while appealing to those new clients looking for a fresh & modern kiosk software solution." The new KioWare for Windows has one single installer for all models (Lite, Basic, & Full) of the product. Potential and current customers can download KioWare for Windows and determine which model is needed before purchasing the appropriate license.
KioWare for Windows Version 8.2 is available for download and purchase. Licensing is perpetual and annual support is recommended in order to maintain access to the most recent version of the product. If you would like to convert your licenses from KioWare Classic for Windows to the new KioWare for Windows, log into your customer account, select a transaction, and click the “transition license(s)” button.
All KioWare kiosk software products secure devices such as tablets, desktops, and smartphones running Android or Windows Operating Systems. KioWare kiosk software products lock down your device into kiosk mode, which secures the overall operating system, home screen and usage of applications. KioWare Kiosk Management tools (KioCloud, KioWare Server, & KioWare Server ASP) allow for remote kiosk management, usage statistics, reporting, monitoring kiosk health, content management and more. Read the full description of new features for the entire product line.
All of these products are available as a free trial with nag screen here.