Anti-hypertensive Therapeutics in
Asia-Pacific Markets to 2021 -
Increasing Prevalence of Hypertension Drives Market Growth despite Weak
Hypertension is a chronic medical condition characterized by elevated blood pressure in the arteries. It affected an estimated 517 million people in 2014, a figure that will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 1.2% to 561 million in 2021 in the four Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions of China, India, Australia, and Japan. This high prevalence is a substantial contributor to healthcare costs and a major cause of morbidity. Despite this, awareness of hypertension is low among physicians, patients, and the public alike, leading to poor blood pressure control.
The classes of drugs prescribed to treat hypertension are Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACEI), Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARB), Calcium Channel Blockers (CCB), beta-blockers, renin inhibitors, and diuretics. The percentage of patients treated using monotherapy and combination therapy (including fixed-dose combinations) varies from country to country. The most commonly prescribed drugs in the CCB class are amlodipine and lercanidipine, while the leading ARBs are telmisartan, candesartan, olmesartan, irbesartan, losartan, valsartan, azilsartan medoxomil, and eprosartan. Ramipril, imidapril, perindopril, enalapril, lisinopril, benazepril, fosinopril, trandolapril, and quinapril dominate the ACEIs.
View Complete Report
With TOC at:- https://marketreportscenter.com/reports/5235/anti-hypertensive-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets-to-2021-increasing-prevalence-of-hypertension-drives-market-growth-despite-weak-pipeline
- Hypertension prevalence is a prominent contributor to market size in the assessed countries. The market is mostly dominated by generics, and there are only a few patented products.
- Will generics continue to dominate treatment?
- How do the elderly populations and their associated risk factors affect prevalence?
- The current anti-hypertensive therapeutics pipeline is weak, comprising 124 molecules in various stages of development, dominated by small molecules.
- Will the upcoming molecules change the treatment paradigm in the near future?
- How will the weak pipeline affect the market?
- Analysis of clinical trials since 2006 identified that anti-hypertensive products have a high rate of attrition.
- How do failure rates vary by product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
- How do other factors such as average trial duration and trial size influence the costs and risks associated with product development?
- Over the 20142021 forecast period, the APAC anti-hypertensive therapeutics market is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 3.4% from 15.7 billion to just over 19.9 billion. Growth is projected to vary considerably across the four assessed markets.
- Which markets make the most significant contribution to the current market size?
- What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
- Will branded products patent expirations pose a significant threat?
- Will new market entrants over the forecast period lead to substantial changes in annual therapy costs?
Reasons to buy
This report will enable you to -
- Understand the clinical context of hypertension by considering symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, co-morbidities and complications, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Identify the therapeutic strategies, products, and companies that dominate the current marketed products landscape, and recognize gaps.
- Appreciate key anti-hypertensive pipeline trends in molecule type, administration route, mechanism of action, and novelty.
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in anti-hypertensive clinical trial size, duration, and failure rate by stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action.
- Compare treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for the China, India, Australia, and Japan.
- Discover trends in licensing and co-development deals concerning anti-hypertensive products and identify the major strategic consolidations that have shaped the commercial landscape.
Download Sample at:- https://marketreportscenter.com/request-sample/5235
Table of Content
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Introduction 9
2.1 Pathophysiology 9
2.2 Etiology 10
2.3 Signs and Symptoms 11
2.4 Co-morbidities and Complications 11
2.5 Diagnosis 13
2.5.1 Office or Clinic Blood Pressure Monitoring 13
2.5.2 Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring 14
2.5.3 Home Blood Pressure Monitoring 14
2.5.4 Miscellaneous Methods 14
2.5.5 Diagnosis of Target Organ Damage 14
2.5.6 Diagnosis of Hypertension in Pregnancy 15
2.6 Classification 15
2.7 Epidemiology 16
2.8 Prognosis 17
2.9 Treatment and Management 17
2.9.1 Treatment Strategy 19
3 Marketed Products 26
3.1 Key Marketed Products 26
3.1.1 Prestalia (perindopril arginine + amlodipine besylate) 26
3.1.2 Azilva (azilsartan medoxomil) 26
3.1.3 Amlodipine besylate 26
3.1.4 Telmisartan 27
3.1.5 Aliskiren 28
3.1.6 Olmesartan medoxomil 29
3.1.7 Valsartan 30
3.1.8 Losartan 31
3.1.9 Exforge (amlodipine + valsartan) 32
3.2 Heat Map for Marketed Products 33
4 Anti-hypertensive Market to 2021 Pipeline Products 35
4.1 Overall Pipeline 35
4.1.1 Pipeline Analysis by Molecule Type 36
4.1.2 Pipeline Analysis by Mechanism of Action 37
4.2 Clinical Trial Analysis 39
4.2.1 Failure Rate 39
4.2.2 Clinical Trial Size 41
4.2.3 Duration 42
4.3 Promising Drug Candidates in Pipeline 43
4.3.1 SER-100 43
4.3.2 CS-3150 43
5 Market Forecast to 2021 44
5.1 Asia-Pacific Market 44
5.1.1 Treatment Use Patterns 45
5.1.2 Market Size 46
5.2 Australia 47
5.2.1 Treatment Use Patterns 47
5.2.2 Annual Cost of Therapy 47
5.2.3 Market Size 48
5.3 India 49
5.3.1 Treatment Use Patterns 49
5.3.2 Annual Cost of Therapy 49
5.3.3 Market Size 50
5.4 China 51
5.4.1 Treatment Use Patterns 51
5.4.2 Annual Cost of Therapy 51
5.4.3 Market Size 52
5.5 Japan 53
5.5.1 Treatment Use Patterns 53
5.5.2 Annual Cost of Therapy 53
5.5.3 Market Size 54
5.6 Drivers and Barriers 55
5.6.1 Drivers 55
5.6.2 Barriers 56
6 Deals and Strategic Consolidations 57
6.1 Licensing Agreements 57
6.1.1 Major Licensing Deals 59
6.2 Co-development Agreements 60
6.2.1 Major Co-development Agreements 62
7 Appendix 63
7.1 All Pipeline Drugs by Phase 63
7.1.1 Discovery 63
7.1.2 Preclinical 64
7.1.3 Phase I 66
7.1.4 Phase II 68
7.1.5 Phase III 69
7.2 Market Forecasts to 2021 70
7.2.1 Asia-Pacific 70
7.2.2 China 70
7.2.3 India 70
7.2.4 Japan 71
7.2.5 Australia 71
7.3 Market Definitions 71
7.4 Abbreviations 72
7.5 References 74
7.6 Research Methodology 78
7.6.1 Coverage 78
7.6.2 Secondary Research 78
7.6.3 Primary Research 79
7.6.4 Therapeutic Landscape 79
7.6.5 Geographical Landscape 81
7.6.6 Pipeline Analysis 82
7.7 Expert Panel Validation 82
7.8 Contact Us 82
7.9 Disclaimer 82
Request Discount at:- https://marketreportscenter.com/request-discount/5235
Market Reports Center is an e-commerce platform obliging the needs of knowledge workers, experts, professionals who are subject to market research information for their work, or to make strategic business decisions. Market Reports Center’s team consistently works to update and extend our existing repository of market research reports by partnering with new publishers and adding their studies to our website.
Call: +1-646-883-3044 (US)