If you’re at the point of your life where you have decided to migrate or at least, live in another country for a couple of years or so, there are a lot of things that you should consider before doing so.
First, what will your life there be like? You have to have some plans. It’s very important to at least have idea about what you want and where your life is headed. You should also know what kind of job you would like to get, and where you would live. And, you should definitely think about getting affordable health insurance. It may be a cliché but health really is wealth and that’s why you should go for the countries that offer the best and most affordable health insurance there is.
Which countries offer the best health insurance?
Before packing your bags and booking a flight to live your current home behind, you should first get to know which countries offer affordable health insurance so that you can pick your choice from any of them. Here they are:
- France. Aside from being one of the most visited places in the world, France is a good place to reside in because of being amazing when it comes to proper medical care. 40% of France’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) goes to healthcare. This means that they do not try to become thrifty when it comes to taking care of people living in the country. In fact, 71% of their total expenses each year goes to healthcare—a fact that makes France one of the best places to retire to when it comes to having affordable health insurance.
- Australia. You may never have heard of this but the government of this country encourages those who earn way more than other people do to at least give 1 percent of their taxes for healthcare. And you know what? They do. The result is that there is 50% less deaths from ailments and accidents than that of other countries. This is also the reason why so many people are keen on migrating to Australia. Not only do they get to enjoy great natural surroundings, they also feel good because they know that they are safe and that they are in good hands.
- The United Kingdom. Did you know that around 88% of prescription drugs in the United Kingdom are given to the public for free? It’s amazing because it shows how truly affordable health insurance there is. Healthcare coverage in the United Kingdom is universal—meaning it does not matter if you are rich or poor, old or young; if you need to be taken care of, hospitalized or if you need some medicines to treat your condition, it will be given to you. Even temporary residents can benefit from it, especially when it comes to emergency treatments and treatment for infectious diseases—and that’s why even if you are just visiting the UK, you’d still feel safe and away from harm because you know that no matter what happens, you would not feel like you have to cry out for help because it will easily be given to you.
- Sweden. In Sweden, patients are given the chance to see specialists, especially when their diseases cannot be diagnosed or treated by general practitioners, without having to pay for much. 85% of the government’s expenses go to healthcare but residents to not have to pay a crazy amount of taxes because everything is budgeted well.
- Canada. What’s interesting about Canada is that they have their own National Healthcare System that makes it easy for all 13 provinces to receive funds for proper healthcare purposes. Hospitals are also non-profit organizations, which means that they have their own budget and system that makes affordable health insurance easy for everyone to have. This also means that people who are suffering from certain diseases need not worry about their diseases getting worse because they will be well taken care of.
- The Netherlands. Tulips are not the only great thing about the Netherlands. Research has it that around 70% of patients residing in the Netherlands gets to see their doctor’s hours or a day after they do not feel well and that they do not have to pay much for it. In fact, just 6% of residents in the Netherlands get to have problems with healthcare—which is a very small margin as compared to that of the United States and other countries, as well.
- Germany. 90% of Germans are happy with the public healthcare system that is offered to them. Germany is known to have one of the oldest and most efficient affordable health insurance systems in the world. Quick access to proper healthcare is very important to Germans from then until now and that’s why residents of the country always feel safe and in the pink of health there.
Get what you deserve
No matter what your plans in the future are, you should never forget about these countries that offer affordable health insurance. After all, even if you have all the riches in the world, if you are always sick, then those riches would not matter at all.