Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the India beverage market
* Why was the report written?
- In the current climate of economic uncertainty and market volatility companies need to know about more than just data. This report provides a complete overview of all commercial beverage consumption trends, latest market developments and an economic mood indicator
* What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
- A slowdown in the economy with a GDP growth of 5% was noted. Increase in energy prices caused the rupee exchange rate and inflation to spiral. Major soft drinks companies, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, struggle as dairy and hot tea drinks dominate the share of throat, growing in a steadily manner.
* What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
- With no abnormalities in the weather conditions, dairy and hot tea drinks dominate the market, setting back major soft drinks producers, particularly Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, which observed a sharp dip in growth this quarter. High inflation and limited disposable income are affecting spending out of home time and growth of commercially sold beverages.
* What makes this report unique and essential to read?
- Designed for clients who want to understand the latest trends in the India beverage industry and want more detail and analysis on this data. Canadeans India Quarterly Beverage Tracker report is ideal for benchmarking total market vs retail audit data and is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry and market developments
Readers are provided with a summary snap shot table showing category growth in Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, together with provisional 2012 volumes and latest 2013 forecasts.
An economic mood indicator, completed by Canadeans local consultant, examines (on a scale of one to five) whether confidence levels in the industry are better or worse than the previous quarter, whether net prices are rising or falling and how Private Label products have performed versus the rest of the market. Selected retail pricing data is given for the most recent quarter and the previous four quarters, enabling analysis of price movements.
Key highlights of the last quarter’s commercial beverage performance are identified and the key market drivers examined.
Volumes for Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, Provisional 2012 volumes, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2013 forecasts are provided for each individual beverage category, together with supporting text on quarterly performance and forecast assumptions. More granular data is provided for the Carbonates category, with data split by regular vs low calorie, and by key flavors.
To order this report:
US: +1 800 986 6819
UK: +44 203 514 2363
India: +91 22 4098 7600