Spark ignition 50сс engine with maximal operational parameters, capitalizing unique thermodynamic cycle (S-cycle) that assures high specific both power and torque, and gives fuel economy and is eco friendly– emission control up to the level of EURO-5.
New theoretical development of the S-cycle created a whole series of engines with significantly higher efficiency than those currently available in the market. Specifically, the designer expect the new engines to yield a net efficiency of over 65%. Hence an engine of 50cc displacement should have power not less than 11 kW@7,500RPM.
Nothing astonishing if it’s taken into account that the detachment of a complete cycle into two stages – intensive and extensive – is the key advantage in the design. The first stage gives useful work and the second one prepares fresh air charge for the next cycle; and the output is that you can expect our design diminishes operational volumes and engine weight comparison to a conventional engine of the same displacement.
Attributes of the target engine design has the following features:
• The engine is a combination of conventional ICE producing useful work and a piston compressor bringing air compression up to the parameters of fuel burning at the expense of residual energy of working gases.
• The thermodynamic cycle of operation and the engine arrangement provide simultaneously the maximum possible useful work and the highest efficiency.
• The engine operates by a four-stroke cycle, but it does a working stroke at each revolution of the crankshaft as in a two-stroke mode. The combination engine does not require cylinders unlike two-stroke ones; scavenging as exhaust gases are released into the atmosphere with the aid of the working piston, and the preliminary compressed air goes into the combustion chamber.
• In the engine, useful work is performed at the maximum possible indicator pressure of working gases. When the working gases pressure drops to 1.5-2MPa, a piston compressor begins operating, therefore releasing the engine from extensive mechanical part of expansion process. Engine sizes reduces by 2-5 times leads to drastic reduction of the friction loss. The mechanical efficiency is as high as 95% and up.
• A power-to-weight ratio of the engine nears the one of a gas turbine, and its efficiency is much higher than of any other ICE. Engine efficiency increase is provided by the maximum possible air compression ratio, the prolonged expansion of working gases and the reduction in number of piston movement at which useful work is not done.
• The mean torque only slightly correlated with engine RPM which is close to its maximum. This provides the possibility to reduce the number of steps in the gearbox or to exclude it at all.
Theoretical and practical expertise gained by the team of engineers is beneficial for designing an actual 50cc engine for ATVs, motorcycles, scooters, mini-bikes and other small vehicles. Such an engine gets competing edge, and especially on the motorcycle market, since in many countries operators of vehicles powered by small engines of 50cc displacement (or below) are not needed to have a driver’s license. The point is that due to the volume separation and longer expansion the certified volume of engine remains the same – 50cc, while volumes of the expansion cavity and that of the compressor are about 150cc and 120cc correspondingly. Furthermore, the prolonged expansion increases the combustion time that in turn improves the environment friendliness of this kind of engines.
Problem this invention addresses:
Motorcycle, moped, motorbike, scooter individuals, racing team owners, etc
If you want to take up CAE course in Pune, then our CRB Tech Solutions has a big name in this field for you to consider for improving your skill set in mechanical designs and continue your career.