Like travelers to any destination, visitors to Glenwood Springs love to buy souvenirs. What’s the attraction to these little, often inexpensive mementos, anyway? Souvenirs remind us of life’s special moments, experiences and the people with whom we shared them. Souvenirs are much more than what they appear to be. Check out some great reasons to bring home a trinket or two.
- Souvenirs help us remember happy times. (postcards, books or snow globes)
- Souvenirs can be practical. (t-shirts, coffee mugs and keychains)
- Souvenirs can be a conversation starter. (locally made artisan crafts, jewelry or art)
- Souvenirs can be part of a larger collection. (Christmas ornaments, collector spoons or bracelet charms)
- Souvenir collecting is fun. (it just is)
So where do you go in Glenwood Springs to buy fun tchotchkes?
For classic souvenir shopping:
- Sioux Villa Curio, located on 6th Street near the Hotel Colorado
- Dancing Bear Trading Post, beside the Grand Avenue bridge
- Downtown Drug, on Grand Avenue
For souvenirs associated with Glenwood Springs’ major attractions:
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park General Store
- The Glenwood Hot Springs Shop
For souvenirs with historical or natural flair
- Legends Trading Company at the Hotel Colorado
- High Country Gems & Minerals, located on east 8th Street
- Mountain Valley Textiles, on west 8th Street
- Gallery 809, Grand Avenue
- Artist’s Mercantile & Gallery, located on Cooper Avenue
Now that you know where to shop for keepsakes, it’s time to plan the rest of your Glenwood Springs vacation. Find out everything you need to know about where to stay, eat and play in Glenwood Springs at www.visitglenwood.com.
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com; 888-445-3696. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online press kit is available at www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit, press releases at www.visitglenwood.com/glenwood-springs-press-releases and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.