PR Contact: Zoe Barnes Interview Contact: Suzanne J. McGrath
Copy Specialist President of CommunicAID
577 West Street 577 West Street
Bethesda, MD 20814 Bethesda, MD 20814
Facebook: http://facebook.com/comunicaid Instagram/Twitter: @CommunicAID
When CommunicAID needed help, local high school and college students in Bethesda jumped at the opportunity to volunteer and give back to their community.
- · Bethesda High School Key Club volunteers for CommunicAID.
- · The school is running a yearlong project to help stock CommunicAID’s new Mercer Street facility with food.
- · Donation boxes for canned goods and nonperishables can be found at Bethesda High School and Bethesda Church.
- · Donations will be taken until mid June.
- · Projects like these help the less fortunate members in the Bethesda community.
- · Spotlight: Joe Clark, president of Key Club, has gone above and beyond to help his less fortunate peers in the Bethesda community.
- · “Knowing that younger members of our community want to devote their free time to helping the less fortunate is one of the best parts about our new center and one of the most rewarding parts of my job.” -- CommunicAID president Suzanne McGrath.
- · “Volunteering for CommunicAID has helped me realize my passion for giving back to others. This is and area I could see myself working in for the rest of my life.” -- Joe Clark, senior at Bethesda High School and president of Key Club
Twitter Pitch: Young community members lead volunteer efforts to help @CommunicAID, a Bethesda nonprofit http://bit.ly/1Tc8JIC
CommunicAID is a top nonprofit organization that focuses on helping the underprivileged and homeless in the Washington, D.C. community. A group of citizens who were concerned by the rising number of homeless in the Washington, D.C. area and by the apparent lack of services to assist them founded CommunicAID in 1994. What began as an effort to lobby the Washington, D.C. government to fund a homeless shelter quickly turned into a full-fledged private community event. CommunicAID has helped thousands of people and continues to help more citizens everyday. For more information, visit CommunicAid.org.