Parkinson’s Disease Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2021 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Parkinson's Disease (PD) is a progressive, chronic neurodegenerative condition, which is currently incurable. It is associated with old age, and characterized by the loss of neurons in the substantia nigra region of the brain. The global Parkinson's Disease (PD) prevalence was estimated at 16.1 million in 2011, and after Alzheimer's disease it is the second most common neurodegenerative disease worldwide.
Parkinson's Disease (PD) is a progressive disease and, although not fatal, it can develop severe symptoms and complications that significantly impact upon the patient's quality of life. Symptoms for each stage can be categorized into early, moderate and advanced stages. Major motor symptoms of Parkinson's Disease (PD) include tremors and difficulty walking. Parkinson's Disease (PD) also gives rise to non-motor symptoms, such as dementia, depression, hallucinations and loss of taste and smell.
To access full report with TOC, please visit Parkinson’s Disease Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2021.
There are several different drug classes available to relieve Parkinson's Disease (PD) symptoms. The aim is for treatments to increase dopamine levels, which is substantially diminished in brains affected by Parkinson's Disease (PD). The most common therapies include levodopa, dopamine agonists and Monoamine Oxidase-B (MAO-B) inhibitors, with the choice of therapies dependent on patient symptoms and lifestyle. As the disease develops, the medication will need to be taken more strictly, due to the effect of drugs wearing off (known as off- time), which causes symptoms to return before the next dose.
- A brief introduction to Parkinson’s Disease (PD), including pathogenesis, disease staging, diagnosis and treatment algorithms
- Comprehensive analysis of the drugs available for the treatment of PD, covering their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns, and strengths/weaknesses, as well as a heat map comparing drugs in terms of safety and efficacy
- Multi-scenario market forecast data to 2021, taking into account how it will be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs, and changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets of the US, Canada, Japan, Germany, the UK, France, Italy and Spain
- Discussion of the drivers of and barriers to market growth
- Discussion of the licensing and co-development deals landscape in Parkinson’s Disease (PD), by stage of development, molecule type and mechanism of action, as well as analysis of both licensing and co-development deals by year, and network maps of licensing and co-development deals
Reasons to buy
- Understand the different levels of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapy from early-stage to advanced
- Understand the vast scope of the pipeline, including which molecule types and mechanisms of action are prominent
- Observe the trends in clinical trial duration and size among clinical Phases, between molecule types and mechanisms of action, and use the clinical trial failure rate analysis to assess the risk profiles of current and/or future developmental programs for Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapeutics
- Assess the potential clinical and commercial impact of current late-stage pipeline molecules on the Parkinson’s Disease (PD) therapeutics market
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research