(Fremont County, Wyo.) - With the flooding across Fremont County this last week, many concerns continue to be raised about the possibility of drinking water contamination in private wells and cisterns.
Earlier this week, Fremont County Public Health shared advice to keep county residents safe and healthy. There is also great information available from the Centers for Disease Control in an article about drinking water safety and testing.
SageWest in Lander is an EPA-certified facility and has water testing kits available for individuals who are concerned about the quality of their personal water source. For more information, please call the hospital at 307-332-4420. The kits are $15 and the test can be processed within 24 hours.
You can also pick up testing kits at the following locations:
- SageWest Healthcare, 1320 Bishop Randall Dr.
- Fremont County Public Health, 450 North 2nd Room 350
- Popo Agie Conservation Office, 221 South 2nd Street
- SageWest Healthcare, 2100 W. Sunset Dr.
- Fremont County Public Health, 322 North 8th West
- Lower Wind River Conservation Office, 508 North Broadway