Most up-to-date research on "Stem Cell Research Products: Opportunities, Tools & Technologies" to its huge collection of research reports.
Stem cells are primitive cells found in all multi-cellular organisms that are characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into any mature cell type.
Stem cells are still a relatively new discovery, as the first mouse embryonic stem cells were derived from embryos in 1981, but it was not until 1995 that the first successful culturing of embryonic stem cells from non-human primates occurred and not until November 1998 that a technique was developed to isolate and grow embryonic stem cells from human blastocysts. In 2006, induced pluripotent stem cells were produced for the first time from mouse cells and in 2007 they were produced from human cells. Furthermore, it was not until 2008 that the first full transplant of a human organ grown from adult stem cells was performed when a section of trachea was successfully transplanted into an adult woman in Spain.
Browse Detail Report With TOC @ http://www.researchmoz.us/stem-cell-research-products-opportunities-tools-and-technologies-report.html
As of 2014, several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- Embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- Fetal stem cells, obtained from fetuses
- Post-natal stem cells, derived from newborn tissues
- Adult stem cells, found in adult tissues – including Hematopoietic stem cells, Mesenchymal stem cells, and Neural stem cells
- Cord blood stem cells, isolated from umbilical tissue
- Dental stem cells, derived from deciduous teeth
- Induced pluripotent stem cells, reprogrammed from adult cells
- Cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body
- Animal stem cells, derived from non-human sources
- The past 10 years have also witnessed the production of novel stem cell types, including piPSCs, R-NSCs, and VSELs. Together, this evidence suggests that additional types of stem cells will likely be discovered, each representing new opportunities for research product development. Clearly, laboratory research into stem cell derivation, manipulation, and application is rapidly expanding.
To facilitate research resulting from these advances, a large and diverse stem cells products market has emerged. Large companies selling stem cell research products include Thermo Fisher Scientific (now merged with Life Technologies), BD Biosciences, EMD Millipore, Sigma Aldrich, and STEMCELL Technologies, as well as over one hundred other suppliers.
Currently, the following product categories compose the majority of global stem cell product sales:
- Primary antibodies to stem cell antigens
- Bead-based stem cell separation systems
- Fluorescent-based labeling and detection
- Stem cell protein purification and analysis tools
- Tools for DNA and RNA-based characterization of stem cells
- Isolation/characterization services
- Stem cell culture media and reagents
- Stem cell specific growth factors and cytokines
- Tools for stem cell gene regulation
- Stem cell services and mechanisms for in vivo and in vitro stem cell tracking
- Expansion/differentiation services for stem cell media and RNAi
- Stem cell lines
- Furthermore, to sell products in the stem cell market, it is critical to understand the research applications for which stem cells are being studied. One area of study is the use of stem cells to understand and treat birth disorders. However, of greater interest to researchers is the potential for use of stem cells in regenerative medicine to treat conditions ranging from diabetes, to cardiovascular disease and neurological disorders.
Pharmaceutical companies have intense interest in the ability to use stem cells to improve drug target validation and toxicology screening. Therefore, it is important for companies interested in stem cell therapy applications to understand underlying market forces, and in particular, to consider progressive areas of stem cell research as opportunistic areas for drug and therapy development. This report presents a range of topics of interest to these companies as well, including how advances in stem research can reveal potential new drug targets, improve methods of drug delivery, and provide personalized treatment strategies.
The key areas that account for the majority of applied stem cell research include:
- Regenerative Medicine - Reversal of injury or disease
- Drug Target Validation and Drug Delivery - Treatment of disease
- Toxicology Screening - Drug safety and efficacy assessment
- Understanding and Treatment of Birth Disorders - Natal repair
- This 2014 report provides detailed information on both basic and applied stem cell research and research applications and includes an updated list of global stem cell research centers by region.
Furthermore, it is crucial for stem cell companies to understand the funding environment that supports stem cell research. Currently, the U.S. federal government is an important, although not dominant, source of funding for stem cell research. The reason is that U.S. states are spending almost as much as the federal government on stem cell research and are actually spending more than the federal government on human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research. Private sources also contribute a huge amount of funding, with analysis of recent large gifts summing to over $1.7 billion.
Growth in stem cell research has exploded in the past decade, and so the market to supply stem cell research products has grown to meet this huge demand. There are now over one million stem cell researchers worldwide. In addition, there were only 17 stem cell product companies as of 2006, and that has expanded to more than 100 today, a 6-fold increase.
The two most active areas of stem cell research are mesenchymal stem cells, at 24.8% of all stem cell research, and hematopoietic stem cells, at 24.1% - thus accounting for nearly half of all stem cell research over a trailing twelve-month period. When this analysis was last conducted using data from full-year 2012 (Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012), hematopoietic stem cell research led mesenchymal stem cell research, but that relationship has since switched, revealing an interesting preference toward mesenchymal stem cell research among the scientific community.
Also of interest is that for the trailing-twelve months, induced pluripotent stem cell research activity represented 8.9% of global stem cell research activity. When this analysis was last conducted using full-year 2012 data (Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012), induced pluripotent stem cell research activity represented only 4.0% of global research activity, which means that a substantial year-over-year shift has occurred. This report explores why this trend has developed and how it will continue to evolve in the coming decade.
Not surprisingly, trend analysis reveals rapid increases in stem cell research activity over the past five years, specifically a scientific publication rate increase of 9.9% per year.
The stem cell types with the greatest year-to-year increases in publication rates over a trailing five-year period include:
- Mesenchymal stem cells
- Induced pluripotent stem cells
- Neural stem cells
- While hematopoietic stem cells represent the second most active area of stem cell research, publication rates for these stem cell types have declined in recent years. Because research activity by stem cell type has shown divergent trends over the past few years, for research product companies to be successful, they will need to understand underlying trends in stem cell preferences, by cell type.
This market intelligence report will advantageously position your company to offer competitive stem cell products to a rapidly growing, well-funded research community.
End-User Survey of Stem Cell Scientists:
A key element of this report is a survey of stem cell researchers, for the U.S. and worldwide. This 2014 survey reveals stem cell researcher needs, technical preferences, key factors influencing buying decisions, and more. It can be used to make effective product development decisions, create targeted marketing messages, and produce higher prospect-to-client conversion rates.
To benefit from this lucrative product market, you need to anticipate and serve the needs of your clients, or your competitors will.
This survey reveals critical findings that include:
- Prevalence of Stem Cell Research by Cell Type
- Stem Cell Product Preferences
- Most Commonly Utilized Stem Cell Markers, by Stem Cell Type
- Most Commonly Utilized Stem Cell Antibodies, by Stem Cell Type
- Preferred Providers of Stem Cell Antibodies
- And Much More
In addition, the market intelligence contained in this report was compiled using a broad range of sources, allowing the analysis to be thorough, current, and cutting-edge. The findings presented here will improve your strategic decision-making and will empower you to make smarter decisions, faster.
These input sources include:
- Stem Cell Grant Funding Databases (NIH database, DoD database)
- Stem Cell Patent Databases (USPTO)
- Stem Cell Publication Databases (PubMed, Highwire Press)
- Stem Cell Product Launch Announcements (Trade Journals, Google News)
- International Surveys (Electronically distributed end-user surveys)
- And More
Furthermore, as a technology company, BioInformant employs advanced techniques for deriving market research and industry data.
The following constitute the basis for our Research & Analysis:
- Preliminary Research: Extensive secondary research based on preliminary market evaluations.
- Fill-Gap Research: Selectively sampled and focused primary research as a fill-gap strategy.
- Historic Analysis - Primary Products: Comprehensive analysis of all data for each primary product market.
- Historic Analysis - End-user Markets: Historic analysis of all end-user industries/markets, requiring technology and market evaluations, growth projections, and market size estimation of end-user markets.
- Historic Supply Chain/Raw Materials Analysis: Comprehensive analysis of data for each primary market segment.
- Data Consolidation: Merging historic end-user market data to yield consolidated primary market data.
- Cross Linking: Comparing primary market data (historic) with resulting end-user consolidated market data and calculating the variance in percentages between data sets by year.
- Variance Determination: Placing a median figure for each year with a tolerance range equal to twice the variance percentage and recording the resulting numbers.
- Projections: Projecting forward end-user markets based upon historic metrics, technology and market trends, and primary research from the marketplace.
Variance Factorization: Consolidation of projected end-user market data to yield derived primary market data. The data is adjusted to the historic variance determinations, as above. The resulting data is verified by confirmatory primary research.
Confirmatory Primary Research: Presenting resulting data from companies or individuals participating as research partners. Variations from derived data are adjusted to reflect primary research based consensus.
Electronically Based End-User Surveys: Distribution of electronically based end-user surveys to a panel of industry representatives working within market segment(s) of interest. Statistical filtering and analysis is performed on collected user-response data.
Summary of Findings:
Full-year 2013 analysis determines the size of the stem cell research products market to be $3.22 billion, and the stem cell therapies market to be $3.31 billion, for a total of $6.53 billion. In addition, both markets are growing with double-digit growth. Producing stem cell research products thus represents a massive profit opportunity for research supply companies.
Browse Reports in Biotechnology @ http://www.researchmoz.us/biotechnology-market-reports-30.html
Additionally, the industry insights contained in this market report will allow you to dramatically increase your profits within the stem cell sector. Key findings within the report include:
- Charts, Timelines, and Financials for the Stem Cell Products Market
- Breakdown of Research Activity by Application, Species, and Tissue Source
- Geographical Assessment of Market Demand
- Trend Data and Rate Analysis for Stem Cell Grants, Scientific Publications, and Patents
- Market Size Determinations for Stem Cell Research Products
- Market Size Determinations for Related Markets - Stem Cell Antibodies and Stem Cell Therapies
- 5-Year Market Size Projections (2014-2018)
- Competitive Environment Analysis, Including Identification of Market Leaders
- Marketing Methods Used by Industry Participants
- Crucial Trends and Unmet Market Needs
- End-User Survey of Stem Cell Researchers (97 U.S. / 173 International / 19 Undefined)
- And Much More
Producing stem cell products can involve complicated and confusing decisions, but it doesn't have to. Claim this report to reveal the current and future needs of your customer base, so you can focus your marketing efforts on the most profitable products, in the most promising research areas and within the most lucrative domestic and international markets.
Sienna Cancer Diagnostics Ltd. (Sienna) is a biotechnology company. The company commercializes diagnostic tests for the purpose of monitoring, diagnosing and evaluation of the progression of cancer. Its research and development activities include clinical testing of Sienna's technology in a bladder cancer test, enhancing cytology, and early detection of low grade and stage bladder cancer....
Fina Biotech (Fina) is a biotechnology company. The company selects, finances, conducts, develops and sells biotechnology projects. It offers in vitro diagnostic product Halosperm, which is a kit to determine the degree of DNA fragmentation in human sperm, using sperm chromatin dispersion (SCD) technique. It produces new tools for monitoring, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of...
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports & Industry Analysis. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. Our Research Coordinators have in-depth knowledge of reports as well as publishers and will assist you in making an informed decision by giving you unbiased and deep insights on which reports will satisfy your needs at the best price.
For More Information Kindly Contact: