The economic crisis and conservative consumer spending has hindered growth in Spain, both in terms of number of cards in circulation, and values of all card categories during the review period (2008–2012). However, with the anticipated recovery of the Spanish economy, the card payments channel is expected to recover over the forecast period (2013–2017). In terms of number of cards in circulation, the prepaid cards category is expected to show the highest growth. Closed-loop prepaid cards are expected to be the most promising segment in terms of growth, as both retail and corporate users look to manage expenditure.
Growth in terms of transaction value in all card categories, except credit cards, was impaired during the review period by restricted consumer spending following the financial crisis and subsequent austerity measures. The overall card payments channel declined at a review-period compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.37% in terms of transaction value.
Anticipated improvements in economic indicators such as inflation, GDP and per capita income are expected to support card volume growth over the forecast period. Banks’ attempts to inject fresh funds to stimulate growth are also expected to improve credit availability in the economy. Conservative consumer spending is, however, expected to continue over the forecast period, increasing demand for prepaid cards.
Mobile payments are expected to provide scope for growth for card-based payments, and mobile payments posted at a CAGR of 131.38% during the review period. The positive growth of mobile phone users and the growing popularity of smartphones have led to robust growth in mobile payments.
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights on Spain's cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each category of Spain's cards and payments industry, including debit cards, credit cards, charge cards and prepaid cards
- Comprehensive analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness and future growth areas
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Spain's cards and payments industry
- Detailed analysis of the marketing strategies adopted for selling debit, credit, prepaid and charge cards used by banks and other institutions in the market
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards
- The competitive landscape of Spain's cards and payments industry
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Spain's cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for Spain's cards and payments industry for 2012, and forecast figures for 2017.
- It details the different economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting Spain's cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details the marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- It profiles the major banks in Spain's cards and payments industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to Spain's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within Spain's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Spain's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in Spain’s cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Spain's cards and payments industry.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://mrr.cm/ZoE
- The card payments channel recorded a decline during the review period, primarily due to the impact of the global economic slowdown and the eurozone debt crisis. In terms of number of cards in circulation, the channel recorded a CAGR of -3.34%, falling from 81.1 million in 2008 to 70.8 million in 2012.
- The overall card payments channel declined at a review-period compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.37% in terms of transaction value, with the debit, charge and prepaid card categories recording CAGRs of 0.61%, -0.05%, -12.07% and -19.24% respectively, while the credit cards category recorded a CAGR of 0.71%.
- Mobile payments are expected to provide scope for growth for card-based payments, and mobile payments posted at a CAGR of 131.38% during the review period. The positive growth of mobile phone users and the growing popularity of smartphones have led to robust growth in mobile payments.
- E-commerce value increased from EUR6.6 billion (US$9.7 billion) in 2008 to EUR12.8 billion (US$16.5 billion) in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 18.06%. Growth in e-commerce has resulted in banks adding online functionality to their card products.
Find All Banking and Finance Reports at:- http://www.marketresearchreports.com/banking-finance
Spanning over 109 pages, 63 tables and 72 figures “Spain's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape” report covering The Analysis of Market Environment, Key Trends and Drivers, Cards and Payments Industry Share Analysis, Regulatory Framework and Card Fraud Statistics, Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends, Analysis of Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Credit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Debit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Charge Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Prepaid Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Merchant Acquiring, Company Profiles of Card Issuers, Appendix. The report covered 10 companies- Bankia, CaixaBank, Banco Popular, Banco Sabadell, Bankinter, BBVA, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Browser reports related to Spain at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/spain
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Mr. Amitava Sen
General Manager - Sales & Marketing
Market Research Reports, Inc.
Tel USA: +1-302-703-7787
Tel India: +91-80-26860858
Follow us on LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/company/market-research-reports-inc-
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/MyMarketReports
Follow us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Market.Research.ReportFollow us on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/user/MarketResearchReport