LAS VEGAS (January 21, 2015) – BARDOT Brasserie, Michael Mina’s new French concept at ARIA Resort & Casino, will debut a beverage program inspired by France’s passion for incredible spirits, wine and beer upon its opening Friday, January 16.
Complementing Chef Mina’s delectable fare, BARDOT’s beverage program crafts unforgettable libations featuringuniqueFrench spirits.Additionally, BARDOT introduces its own signature French beer, Hors D'âge, brewedexclusively for the restaurant in the northern hills of France.Guests will be able to select from vintage cognacs dating back to the 1800s as well as Las Vegas’ largest collectionof Chartreuse.
“We’ve strived to create a beverage program that truly celebrates the dynamic bar and café culture of Paris while enhancing the classic French dishes on our menu,” said Chef Mina. “A restaurant’s bar is an essential component of the dining experience and the bar at BARDOT feels like it could be in the heart of Paris with cocktail selections that are as unforgettable as the cuisine.”
Highlights of BARDOT’s beverage offerings include:
Parisian-Inspired Cocktails:A collaboration between ARIA’s Property Mixologist Craig Schoettler and Mina Group’s Director of Cocktails Carlo Splendorini, the cocktail program is an ode to Parisian culture with unique yet refined cocktail offerings, such as:
· Voltaire – Voltaire once stated that “Illusion is the first of all pleasures.” In that vein, cider-based cocktails must be second, as this concoction of Eric Bordelet cider, Grey Goose L’Orange vodka, housemade ginger syrup and baked apple bitters dazzles the senses.
· Storming the Bastille – As progressive as the French Revolution, this libation is made from Bastille whisky, Maurin sweet vermouth andBitterman coffee bitters.
· And God Created Women – Titled after the iconic 1956 film that pushed the boundaries of sexuality in American cinema, this seductive signature cocktail mixes Citadelle St. Germain, Angostura bitters and egg white with the wine-based aperitif, Byrrh.
Artisanal Ales:With its signature brewat the program’s forefront, BARDOT’s beer selection focuses on imports and unique craft brews, including:
· Exclusive Brews – Brewed in the small town of Esquelbecq,France, BARDOT’ssignature beer, Hors D'âgecannot be experienced elsewhere. Theeffervescent Flemish Country Alewasproduced in partnership with craft brewery Stillwater Artisanal Ales, characterized by its use of only the finest Frenchbarley, wheat and hops.
· International Beer Selections – Beer enthusiasts will be delighted bymore than 80 international hard-to-find brews on the menu such as Switzerland’s Brasserie de Franches-Montagnes, Belgium’s Cantillon and Denmark’s Mikkeller.
· Sparkling Ciders –As the cider trend continues to bloom, BARDOT will offer the rare Eric Bordelet from Normandy and Finnriver from Washington, ciders for a sweet, yet crisp beverage experience.
Finest Wines: BARDOT’s wine list will transport guests to Paris with small production and rare vintages, highlighted by:
· French Staples – BARDOT will be one of the only restaurants in the country offering wines bythe houses of Couly-Dutheil, Patrick Piuze and Domaine Cosse Maisonneuve, widely regarded as some of the finest in France.
· Wine By-The-Glass – With one of the most extensive by-the-glass programs in Las Vegas, BARDOT’s offerings are largelyFrench in origin, giving a taste of the country’s top producers.
· Champagne Cart – A rotating selection of four sparkling wines, primarily champagnes, will begin the meal and add a celebratory element to every dining experience.
· Endless Rosé – A “who’s who” of Rosé, BARDOT’s blushing varietyuniquelyfeatures wines from around the world. Brunch guests can imbibe in bottomless Château d'Esclans Whispering Angel.
Esoteric Spirits: BARDOT’s selection of liquors will entice spirits aficionados with a revered collection of cognac dating back to 1811 and a remarkable variety of Chartreuse, including:
· Hardy – Known as the of the best cognacs in the world, the Hardy collection served at BARDOT includes the Family Reserve Rosebud and the exquisite Hardy Perfection as well as a custom blend exclusive to ARIA.
· The Last Drop – More than 120 years ago, this fine spirit was distilled and can now be enjoyed by worldly cognac connoisseurs.
· Vintage Chartreuse – BARDOT boasts Las Vegas’ largest selection of Chartreuse. This French liqueur, aged with 130 herbs, plants and flowers, is distilled by the Carthusian Monks.
BARDOT serves dinner daily from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.with brunch offered on Saturday and Sunday between 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Visit ARIA.com for more information. Follow BARDOT on Twitter and Instagram at @Bardot_LV.