the world’s largest mineral hot springs pool, you are enjoying some much
deserved relaxation time. Warm and comfortable, you don’t notice that 15, 30, 45
minutes have slipped away since you entered the therapy pool at Glenwood Hot
Springs. When you decide to get out of the pool, you feel lightheaded and
dizzy. You lose your balance and fall. Before you know it, you’re surrounded by
lifeguards who in addition to stabilizing you have called emergency services.
Your next stop will be the ER at Valley View Hospital. This is not exactly the scenario
you envisioned when you booked your Glenwood Hot Springs getaway.
Avoiding this situation and the complications of dehydration is simple:
- Drink plenty of hydrating fluids before you even dip a toe in the pool.
- Keep a water bottle handy for sipping while soaking.
- Heed the posted maximum recommended soaking times.
- Consider wearing a hat; for sun protection in summer, for warmth retention in winter.
- When entering or exiting the pools, proceed slowly to adjust to the differences in water and air temperatures.
- High elevation increases the chances of dehydration. If you’re visiting from sea level, be vigilant about hydration.
- Some people are more at risk for dehydration including infants, children, older adults and people with chronic illnesses like diabetes.
Springs encourages guests to play, swim, slide and soak. To enjoy all these
activities to the fullest, stay healthy and hydrated by drinking plenty of
fluids. Visit http://www.hotspringspool.com/swim
for more information about Glenwood Hot Springs Pool.
About Glenwood Hot Springs
Glenwood Hot Springs is a 125-year-old Colorado landmark resort located along Interstate 70 at Glenwood Springs, approximately 165 miles west of Denver and 90 miles east of Grand Junction. Famous for its enormous hot springs pools, other amenities include the Spa of the Rockies, the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, an athletic club, a restaurant open for breakfast and lunch, a retail store specializing in swimwear and a miniature golf course, open seasonally. For more information, including press releases, a press kit, photos and a live web camera, please visit http://www.hotspringspool.com/misc/press-room or call 800-537-SWIM (7946) or 970-947-2955.
Jeremy Gilley, Director of Sales and Revenue
Glenwood Hot Springs/Spa of the Rockies
jgilley (at) hotspringspool (dot) com
Resort Trends, Inc. – media communications for the travel & tourism industry
pr (at) hotspringspool (dot) com