Crawling, walking, feeding, talking – these developmental milestones happen at different times for each child. But, there are times when parents find themselves asking, “Why isn’t my child doing that now?”
Parenting Expo Pittsburgh speaker Brooke Dorsch, Director of Community Outreach for Pediatric Therapy Professionals, Inc., says:
- Know which developmental milestones are important and when a child should achieve them.
- Determine if your child is behind in certain developmental areas, like movement, communication, social interactions, feeding etc.
- Start learning more, if you are concerned. There are free state and federal programs that can assist your child. Resources in Pennsylvania for children ages birth through 5, include calling 1-800-CONNECT and visiting www.pedtp.com.
Dorsch has more than 10 years experience in early intervention. Her work
experiences include Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, North Allegheny School
Districts and The School at McGuire Memorial in New Brighton, Penn. Today, Brooke serves as the Director of
Community Outreach for Pediatric Therapy Professionals, Inc. A graduate of Indiana University of
Pennsylvania, Brooke holds a Certificate in Clinical Competence from the
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
To learn more parenting tips from Brooke and other leading parenting experts, visit Parenting Expo Pittsburgh http://www.parentingexpo.com/pittsburgh/ March 8 -9 at the Monroeville Convention Center. Parenting Expo is the one event that is all about parenting. A two-day family-friendly event, parents, grandparents, caregivers and educators will have an opportunity to receive up-to-date information on what’s important to them right now – from prenatal care to raising teens. In addition, attendees will walk away with meaningful coupons, giveaways, goody bags full of products from exhibitors, and opportunities to win prizes throughout the expo. In addition to Pittsburgh, Parenting Expo is slated for 4 additional cities in 2014:
- Cleveland: April 26 – 27, 2014 International Exposition (IX) Center
- Columbus: August 16 – 17, 2014 The Greater Columbus Convention Center
- Cincinnati: September 20 – 21, 2014 The Duke Energy Convention Center
- Indianapolis: October 25 – 26, 2014 Indiana Convention Center