China's Dietary Supplement Market 2018 Investment Opportunity and Risk Analysis adds report “In-depth Research and Forecast of China’s Dietary Supplement (Health Food) Industry, 2014-2018” to its store.

Since 2005, China’s dietary supplement industry has represented an upswing trend with the market demand increasing continuously. At 2013, the market size of China’s dietary supplement industry reached CNY 186.9 billion, up by 18% over last year. And it is estimated that the market size will amount to CNY 214.9 billion, up by 15% over last year, which drops slightly due to the influence of the general environment.

From the perspective of the production scale and distribution channels, China’s dietary supplement industry is still in the earlier stage of the development of European and American markets. In the aspect of enterprise size, China’s dietary supplement enterprises mainly are within CNY 50 million to CNY 500 million. Therefore large-sized enterprises are few and enterprises with economies of scale are also few.
In Jun. 2014, the Food Safety Law of the People’s Republic of China (Revised Draft) was published. Now this law is soliciting public opinion, and the final draft has not been decided. But what is predictable is that China’s dietary supplement market will become more open to foreign investors in the future.

Complete report available at .

As of the year 2012, the State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) have confirmed a total of 14,745 health food products, of which, 14,020 were domestically manufactured and 725 were imported. As per estimates, in China’s health food market, functional food makes up about 65%, while dietary supplements account for the rest of the 35%. Among all imported health food products authorized in China, the major part comes from the US, pursued by Hong Kong and Japan. By type, the majority of the registered imported health food items is for improving the immunity process, accounting for 26%; dietary supplements record 18% while those assisting blood lipid reduction accounts for 12%.

There have been around 2,000 health food companies in China in 2012. The focus rate of China’s health food market remains to be low. It is projected that overall revenue of the top 10 market players records less than 25% of total outcome of the market. As per China’s 12th Five-Year Development Plan for the Food Market, it is expected that more than 10 companies with gross sales income exceeding Rmb10 billion can be developed, and the top 100 businesses in the market will probably rule over 50% of the overall manufacturing capacity.
In-depth Research and Forecast of China’s Dietary Supplement (Health Food) Industry, 2014-2018 mainly provided analyses about the following aspects: Policy environment, current status, main regions (Taiwan is newly added), export & import market, investment opportunities and risks, etc. of China’s dietary supplement industry. This report also focused on the analysis of nine key enterprises in this field. Moreover, it also made thorough analyses and illustrations about the main problems and affecting factors existing in the development of China’s dietary supplement industry, as well as characteristics of Chinese consumer demand.

Purchase a copy of this report at .