GBI Researchs new report South Korea Pharmaceutical Market Outlook 2013 provides in-depth analysis of the trends, issues and challenges facing the South Korean pharmaceutical market. The report also provides competitive benchmarking for the countrys leading pharmaceutical companies and analyzes the M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) and strategic partnerships that shape its pharmaceutical industry. It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
The South Korean pharmaceutical market is the 10th largest pharmaceutical market, globally. The industry is highly fragmented, with almost all the domestic pharmaceutical companies having a strong portfolio of generic products rather than expensive, branded drugs. For the entire pharmaceutical industry, an increase in insurance coverage, an ageing population and favorable government initiatives are expected to drive future growth in the pharmaceutical industry.
Improved Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), changing demographics, and government support have contributed towards making the South Korean pharmaceutical industry attractive for multinational companies. The South Korean government has signed Free Trade Agreements (FTA) with the US, Europe and India that are aimed at improving the IPR framework in the country and making the pharmaceutical industry more attractive for foreign investment. The immediate effects of the FTA may not be positive in all respects for the generics-dominated domestic pharmaceutical industry. However, it is ultimately expected to bolster the South Korean pharmaceutical industry by increasing transparency in government policies and enforcement, and price competition in the private sector.
* The macroeconomic environment of the pharmaceutical industry in South Korea, covering demographic analysis, trends, drivers and barriers
* Important industry characteristics, including the regulatory authorities, drug pricing, spending, insurance and reimbursement
* Market analysis of segments such as prescription medicines, biotechnology and over-the-counter medicines
* Competitive profiling of major domestic and international companies operating in the South Korea pharmaceutical market
* Analyses of the licensing, partnership and M&A deals that took place between 2007 and 2012
Reasons to buy
* Develop market-entry and market-expansion strategies by identifying the leading segments poised for strong growth
* Devise a more specifically-tailored country strategy through understanding the key drivers and barriers for the pharmaceutical market
* Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding leading companies key focus areas
* Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for M&As and strategic partnerships
To order this report:
US: +1 866 325 7446
UK: +44 203 514 2363
India: +91 22 4098 7600