This summer is the season for colours and patterns. Bold colours in a mix and match style that brighten up your look! The colour block trend is in vogue, whether its primary colours, pastels or neons! You may already have everything you need already your closet, but how do you put them together to get the right look?
Here are a few tips to help you wear the colour block trend like a pro:
· Don’t be afraid to mix different tones of the same colour. For example, different shades of pink or green worn head to toe has a great effect! Pair it with neutral coloured flat shoes and simple, classy jewelry, and you will make an amazing impression!
· Try wearing a simple denim shirt and pair it with a pair of brightly colours jeans or shorts, like red, orange or yellow! The neutral tone of the shirt will really make your coloured item stand out! Pair once again with neutral shoes and jewelry for a sophisticated yet trendy style.
· Patterns are big right now, and you can use them in your colour block style! Bright, fruity colours like orange and lime green are perfect for going with bold black and white patterened pieces, like trousers or a skort.
· Use some shimmery coloured fabrics to set off your colour block, such as an iridescent colourful jacket, and make it pop by pairing it with neutrals like khaki or army green.
· Pastels are huge this season, and you can play with colour by pairing them with dark or neutral tones like black, navy blue or dark grey. The contrasting hues really set off the pastel!
· If your colour block items are shoes or a bag (or both!), you can still pair them with neutral jeans or shorts, and add some bright colours on top with a jacket or T-shirt in similar hues to make your outfit come together perfectly!
They key to
success with this style is contrast and minimalism! Using neutral or dark
colours to compliment the pastels, neons and primary colours are the best way
to achieve a modern, well put-together style. Seen here on Hollywood star Rita
Ora, mix up different colours for a popping look! All the shoes, bags, and accessories you need to complete your look is on Spartoo.co.uk!