Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts ;Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2019 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. South Africa's retail sector is expected to witness robust growth over the next five years backed by steady economic growth, stable inflation, favorable policies, and improving macroeconomic factors. The increasing penetration of the internet and mobile devices is fueling the growth of sales through the online channel, and the trend is expected to gain further traction over the next five years
- Food and grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 54.8% of the overall retail sales in 2014
- Demand for private labels is on the rise
- M-commerce is witnessing robust growth backed by increased adoption of smartphones
- Growth in the tourism sector to boost retail spending
To access full report with TOC, please visit Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts ;Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2019
“Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts, 2014-2019” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to the South Africa retail environment. In addition, it analyses the key consumer trends influencing the South Africa retail industry.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors.
- Retail sales and fastest growing product categories that includes Clothing; Footwear; Books, News and Stationery; Electrical and Electronics; Food and Grocery; Health and Beauty; Furniture and Floor Coverings; Home and Garden Products; Music, Video and Entertainment Software; Sports and Leisure Equipment; Jewelry, Watches and Accessories; Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on 26 products across 12 product sectors in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer, and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories in the market with insights on performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Analysis of key
international and domestic players operating in the South Africa retail
market - including store counts and revenues that give you a
competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Truworths Mr Price Ackermans Exact! Fashion Express Foschini Miladys Edgars Zara Pep Stores Shoe City Spitz Spree.co.za Exclusive Books Adams Takealot.com Loot.co.za Kalahari Books Incredible Connection Hi Fi Corp Dion Wired OK Power Express Simplicity Online SPAR Pick n Pay Shoprite Usave Fresh Stop Checkers Ok MiniMark Checkers Hyper Makro Game Clicks Signature The Body Shop Red Square MAC Cosmetics Lewis Joshua Doore and Russells Ok Furniture Mr Price Home Barnetts and Pricenpride @Homelivingspace Build it Sheet Street Mica #Massmart @Home Boardmans GardenShop Lawn Star Musica Loot.co.za OneWorld WantItAll Takealot.com Totalsports Sportscene Edgars active Mr Price Sport Duesouth Adidas Nike American Swiss Sterns Browns Jewellers Mat and May Wolf Brothers Jewellers. Spree.co.za Busby Frasers Cellini Luggage Warehouse Samsonite Ibags.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research