ReportsnReports.com adds report “PharmaPoint: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022” to its store.
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) is the most common lung cancer, and the second-most common cancer in men and women. Historically, the treatment paradigm has centered around chemotherapy. However, the launch of targeted therapies for patients with specific biomarkers has begun to fragment the NSCLC treatment landscape into smaller niche patient populations. Over the forecast period, this trend will continue with the launch of multiple new drugs in several new drug classes to address the high unmet need among NSCLC patients, and provide new treatment options for previously underserved populations. Launch of premium-priced drug candidates combined with increasing incident cases of the disease will be major drivers of growth in the major markets. However, while the US and Japanese markets will continue to grow, increasing cost pressures from European regulatory agencies will counteract these drivers in the EU markets.
Key Questions Answered in this report “PharmaPoint: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022”:-
- The NSCLC market will become increasingly crowded during the forecast. How will the first and second lines of therapy be impacted by the launch of new therapies?
- How will the increasing stratification of patient populations by biomarkers affect the treatment landscape?
- The unmet needs of NSCLC patients are relatively high. What unmet needs will be addressed by the launch of new treatment options during the forecast period? What unmet needs will remain?
- How will Alimta, Avastin, Iressa and Tarceva patent expirations affect overall market growth during the forecast?
- How will increasing cost consciousness among European reimbursement authorities affect market growth in the 5EU?
- How will the difficult-to-penetrate Indian and Chinese NSCLC markets be affected by launch of pipeline candidates?/
Complete report available @ http://bit.ly/1qHkLjg
- Launch of emerging pipeline therapies will result in more patients receiving premium-priced drugs in the first and second lines of therapy, and market growth in the US and Japan.
- Despite the launch of new premium-priced therapies and increasing incident cases, the NSCLC market will shrink in the 5EU. This will be primarily due to loss of patent protection for most of the major branded therapies as well as increasing cost pressures from European reimbursement authorities.
- The Indian and Chinese markets will continue to be difficult to penetrate. Many emerging pipeline therapies will not launch in these markets, especially expensive biologic therapies. Generic competition, regulatory hurdles and high cost of therapies will be major barriers to growth in these markets.
- BMS’s nivolumab will emerge as the overall market leader in 2022, launching first in the second-line segment in 2016 and expanding into the first-line segment in 2019. Uptake will be driven by the drug’s promising clinical efficacy in both squamous and non-squamous patients and strong safety profile.
- After Iressa and Tarceva lose patent protection in 2019 and 2020, respectively, Boehringer Ingelheim’s afatinib will emerge as the leading therapy for EGFR-positive patients. Afatinib’s market position will be driven by high uptake in the second-line segment.
- Pfizer’s Xalkori will lose ALK-positive patient share to Novartis’ LDK378 in the second-line segment. However, Xalkori will continue to be the patient share leader in the more lucrative first line setting and will maintain the overall sales leadership over LDK378 throughout the forecast.
Request a sample copy @ http://bit.ly/1mhre0Q
- Overview of NSCLC, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized NSCLC therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data by patient segment forecast from 2012 to 2022.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the NSCLC therapeutics market
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for different lines of therapy. The most promising 13 candidates in Phase III development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global NSCLC market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global NSCLC therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global NSCLC therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Forecast drug sales in the global NSCLC therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://bit.ly/1rwQmUJ
ReportsnReports.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 450,000+ market research reports from over 95 leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. We offer you customization options on reports by & custom reports through MarketsandMarkets.com. With comprehensive information about the publishers and the industries for which they publish market research reports, we help you in your purchase decision by mapping your information needs with our huge collection of reports.