Cycling is one of the best ways to explore Glenwood Canyon. Pedal your way through 16-miles of extravagant Colorado scenery and be sure to make time for a few stops along the way. Each of these points of interest follows the Glenwood Canyon Recreation Trail heading east from Glenwood Hot Springs and the Yampah Vapor Caves near the trailhead.
- The footbridge over I-70. Look for the herd of Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep that teeter on the rocky cliffs nearby.
- No Name Rest Area. After a steep uphill climb, take a breather along the trail, and watch as visitors to Glenwood Canyon Resort zipline across the Colorado River.
- Grizzly Creek Rest Area. A popular rafting and kayaking put-in, this spot is also a perfect place for picnics and a hike up the lush creek side trail.
- Shoshone Hydro Plant and Boat Launch. Watch as rafters and kayakers prepare to make a splash through the Class III and IV rapids of Panic Alley! The Shoshone power plant began operations in 1906 and continues to supply hydroelectric power via Xcel Energy.
- Hanging Lake. Often called the Gem of Glenwood Canyon, it is one of the most popular day hikes in the state of Colorado.
For information about Glenwood Springs, bike rentals and to book lodging reservations, please visit www.visitglenwood.com.
For more in-depth information about Glenwood Canyon, see Heather McGregor’s book, “A Guide to Glenwood Canyon.”
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com; 888-445-3696. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online press kit is available at www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit, press releases at www.visitglenwood.com/glenwood-springs-press-releases and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.