Although as the resident cupid (director of catering) at Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina, Anna Moss sees her fair share of extravagant summer soiree’s, Fall is her season of choice for I Do’s. In addition to the fall foliage and mild weather, the season offers savings and a wealth of creative options for brides. From seasonal availability to carefully curated experiences for the entire wedding party, Moss suggests that wedding couples “fall” in love with fall.
- Availability and Pricing – Couples choose fall for weddings in the Hamptons because of availability and pricing. Shoulder season allows for weddings with a careful eye on timing and budget. “We often have small wedding groups book just a month or two out because they can, at a savings,” states Moss. “Our summer weekend weddings are booked a year in advance, at least.” Surprise weddings, elopements and weddingmoons, including close family and friends, all happen in the fall.
- Fire and Food – With fall weather at its mildest, brides are asking for fire. Bonfires, fire pits, fire places, and more. “An after party with a bonfire and s’mores, is our number one fall request. Couples want the allure of a bonfire and the nostalgic connection, all on the waterfront. Additional requests for the bonfire setting include extra innings snacks including jumbo pretzels, cracker jacks, mini hotdogs, sliders, mozzarella sticks, and jalapeno poppers, a Montauk Yacht Club special, with buckets of beer and wine. “
- Local Specialties – Destination weddings are all about just that, the destination. Montauk has a handful of special local craft goods, from Montauk Brewing Company beer to Wolfer Rose wine and potted local plants from Native Plants as gifts for guests. “Couples choose Montauk as a destination for their wedding and they fall in love with the town. They want to share that with their guests.”
- Pinks and Paddles – “Our fall brides are wearing a lot of pink rather than just white,” states Moss. “The pink and blush brides are less traditional and generally interested in having a fun weekend with their friends and include them in group activities from start to finish. From group paddle boarding to mixology classes to sunset cruises instead of rehearsal dinners, these brides are thinking in color!” Thursday and Friday weddings work best for these types of wedding escapes.
- Dogs, Downward and Otherwise – Montauk Yacht Club is a pet friendly resort. That includes weddings. “We have dozens of couples inquiring whether they can bring their dog to participate in the wedding,” states Moss. “How can you say no?” In addition, the resort has also been asked several times this fall, to coordinate group yoga classes for bridal parties, morning of the wedding. Dogs are welcome to that as well (under 25 pounds).
This historic resort embodies the coastal elegance that has become synonymous with Long Island's East End. Montauk Yacht Club provides a unique opportunity for an exclusive, amenity-filled destination wedding. For more information, please visit www.montaukyachtclub.com or call 631-668.3100.
# # #