J. Bart Miller, principal and founder at Sterling Risk Advisors, and Dave Stockert, CEO of Post Properties, each received the Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School’s Distinguished Service Award at its State of the School program on April 14, 2015. This award recognizes individuals who have provided outstanding service and loyalty to Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) through leadership, recruitment, advocacy, fundraising, and/or faithful service to the School.
Founded as a parish pre-school in 1959, HIES has grown into one of the largest independent schools in metro Atlanta, and one of the largest Episcopal schools in the United States. Now a fully accredited, college-preparatory day school, HIES teaches children from age 3 through 12th grade.
J. Bart Miller
- Miller served on the HIES Board of Trustees from 1999 to 2006 and currently serves on the school’s Board of Advisors. He was named to the Athletic Wall of Fame of HIES in 2010.
- A longtime dedicated community volunteer, Miller has also been active in the Boy Scouts of America as an Eagle Scout and Scoutmaster, and received the Silver Beaver Award for Distinguished Service to Youth from the Boy Scouts of America.
- He has more than 23 years of experience in providing risk management and commercial/professional insurance solutions to clients throughout the United States, with a specialty in the medical marketplace.
- Miller served as Vice President and Assistant Administrator at Northside Hospital from 1972-1988 before moving into the insurance field, and in 2003 founded Sterling Risk Advisors, a full-service risk management and insurance brokerage firm serving the commercial, professional and personal needs of clients across a diverse spectrum of industries.
Miller and his wife, Carol, reside in Sandy Springs and are parish members at Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church and have three children, John, Elizabeth and Bartley, and six grandchildren.
Dave Stockert served as the chair of the HIES Board of Trustees from 2004-2011. Most recently, he served as chair of the One School Capital Campaign. He is also the past Senior Warden of Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church.
- Stockert also sits on the boards of Central Atlanta Progress, YMCA of Metro Atlanta, the Georgia Apartment Industry Education Foundation, the Buckhead Coalition, Grady Memorial Hospital, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, the National Multi-Housing Council, and the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts.
- He serves on the Government Affairs Committee of the Atlanta Apartment Association.
- Stockert has served as chief executive officer of Post Properties since 2002.
He and his wife, Cammie, live in Sandy Springs and have three children: Olivia, Emily and Joe.
Contact: Mitch Leff, Leff & Associates, (404) 861-4769, firstname.lastname@example.org