New Pig and its co-founder and chairman of the board, Ben Stapelfeld, are being recognized for entrepreneurial leadership and the positive economic impact on Pennsylvania as part of the third annual Governor’s ImPAct Awards. Award presentations will be held at a ceremony at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pa., May 21, 2015.
“I’m grateful for the nomination but this recognition is also shared by the hundreds of New Pig employees worldwide whose hard work and dedication have made our growth and success possible,” said Stapelfeld.
In 1985 New Pig revolutionized industrial leak and spill management forever with the invention of the PIG Original Absorbent sock, the world’s first contained absorbent. Today the company is a multi-channel, multi-brand manufacturer and merchandiser offering the world’s largest selection of absorbent products and other industrial maintenance products to help workplaces keep a clean, safe environment. Over 3,100 PIG products are used in more than 200,000 industrial, commercial, utility, institutional, military and government facilities worldwide.
The Governor’s ImPAct Awards recognizes companies from throughout the state in five categories:
- Community ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that exemplifies the tenet of "doing well by doing good." The winners in this category show a sustained commitment to the growth and development of their employees and the communities in which they do business.
- Entrepreneur ImPAct Award - This award is given to an entrepreneur who has led his or her company to a position of strength in the marketplace by way of growth in one or all of the following areas: creativity, innovation, managerial ability, leadership skills, and turnaround.
- Export ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that has significantly increased its export sales and the number of new foreign markets to which it sells
- Jobs That Pay ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that has demonstrated consistent job growth and retention over the past two years. The company must have had a positive net gain in new jobs during this time period.
- Small Business ImPAct Award - This award is given to a small business that has been an innovator within its industry, demonstrated revenue/profit growth, increased its workforce, and committed to the growth and development of its employees and community. The company must have 100 or fewer employees.
New Pig was nominated for the Entrepreneur ImPAct Award by the Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP) network. This award is given to an entrepreneur who has led his or her company to a position of strength in the marketplace by way of growth in one or all of the following areas: creativity, innovation, managerial ability, leadership skills, and turnaround.