No car? No problem. Getting around Glenwood Springs and traveling to nearby destinations is easy and affordable thanks to outstanding year-round bus service. Keep these tips and links handy for trouble-free transit.
Glenwood’s Local Bus Service
- Ride Glenwood Springs (RGS) is the name of the local bus service. The buses are easy to spot by their “Ride Glenwood Springs” banners.
- RGS buses operate daily at 30 minute intervals, from 6:53 a.m. to 7:53 p.m.
- The RGS buses circulate between the Glenwood Springs Mall and the Roaring Fork Marketplace, with many stops in between. Especially convenient for visitors are stops near the Ramada Inn, a neighborhood brimming with accommodations and near some of the town’s major attractions; there are also stops in downtown Glenwood Springs and stops close to shopping areas including Glenwood Meadows and local grocery stores.
- RGS buses are ADA compliant, cost just $1, not including transfers, and seniors 65 plus and children five and under ride for free.
- Sorry, no bikes are allowed on RGS buses.
What Are Those White Paddles For?
Bus drivers sometimes have a hard time seeing passengers waiting to be picked up after dark. If riding at night, just wave the white reflective paddle attached to the bus stop to signal the driver.
Hop aboard an “up-valley” bus to ride to destinations located at higher elevations south of Glenwood Springs including Carbondale, El Jebel, Basalt, Snowmass Village and Aspen. Riders can meet with connecting buses at the Intercept Lot (Brush Creek and Hwy 82) to travel to Snowmass Village or Woody Creek. The cost to travel “up-valley” varies from $3 to Carbondale and $7 to Snowmass and Aspen.
Find out more about Glenwood Springs and book lodging reservations today at www.visitglenwood.com.
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online Media Room is available at www.visitglenwood.com/media and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/media/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.