This report reviews the current state of the obesity market for both pharmaceuticals and medical devices, examining why the obesity market is of such importance across established and emerging economies and how current interventions measure up.
In July 2011, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) reclassified obesity as a diseased state, not a condition, in order to move it up the US healthcare agenda. In 2012, the FDA reviewed its stance on anti-obesity products and approved two new products that were previously declined.
As it stands, there are over 40 medicines currently approved or used off label to treat obesity, in addition there are more than 20 innovative products in clinical development. This new report examines the latest products and devices in development and compares them to those currently available, gathering opinions from key industry leaders to highlight the fast-moving changes that are affecting this profit potential market.
Complete report available @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/279318.html.
This report provides you with a detailed analysis and key opinions on the current and future obesity market.
- Detailed review of the current obesity market, answering ‘Where are we now?’ for both established and emerging economies
- Comprehensive insight into newly approved pharmaceuticals and medical devices, analysing how they compare to established brands
- Assessment of key products and devices in development, identifying ‘Ones to Watch’ in late-stage clinical development
- Reviews of products and devices that are ‘Waiting in the Wings’ in early-stage clinical development where PoC data is being gathered
- Analyses of potential ‘Long Shots’ representing new and innovative products where the rationale has yet to be fully tested.
This report provides a comprehensive overview of existing anti-obesity therapies and surgical interventions. It provides a systematic appraisal of each market segment highlighting both the leading players and new entrants. The report includes thoughts from key opinion leaders across the globe to find out where the key challenges and opportunities exist for both pharma and medical device manufacturers.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=279318.
Answering critical questions.
- Why is obesity important to the pharmaceutical industry, why now?
- What issues have been faced in the past and how can this be avoided for the future?
- How does Xenical stack up against Belviq?
- Have GLP-1 analogues got what it takes to treat obesity?
Will Arrowhead Research’s adipotide promote weight loss and reduce the symptoms of diabetes in the clinic?
- Is gastric banding still popular among surgeons and obese patients?
- What opportunities exist for the introduction of intragastric balloons in the US?
- Will J&J remain the leading medical devices company for the foreseeable future?
- Can BAROnova’s TransPyloric Shuttle fill the gap between pharmacotherapy and interventional surgery?
Major points from Table of Contents (http://www.marketreportsonline.com/279318-toc.html) are listed below:
List of Tables
Table 1: Classification System For Obesity4
Table 2: Anti-Obesity Drugs Withdrawn From The Market 10
Table 3: Approved Anti-Obesity Drugs 11
Table 4: Anti-Obesity Approved Drugs Sales Forecasts, 2011-2017 14
Table 5: GLP-1 Analogues And GLP Agonists In Clinical Development 16
Table 6: Primary Endpoint Data For Phase Iiia SCALE Trial 17
Table 7: Neuropeptides Modulators In Clinical Development 20
Table 8: Monoamine Modulators In Clinical Development 24
Table 9: Metabolic Modulators In Clinical Development 27
Table 10: Clinical Data For Phase I Beloranib Study In Obese Females 29
Table 11: Commonly Applied Bariatric Techniques 33
Table 12: Anti-Obesity Leading Devices Sales Forecast, 2011-2017 48
Explore more reports on Healthcare Market @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/cat/healthcare-market-research.html.
MarketReportsOnline comprises of an online library of 2,50,000 reports and in-depth market research studies of over 5000+ micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.Contact:
Mr. Ritesh Tiwari
TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252.
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441