Media Contact: ThinkZILLA PR Group / Velma@itsthinkzilla.com/ 888-509-1145
(PHOENIX, AZ) On Saturday September 12, 2015, the Checkered Flag Run Foundation, in association with the Black Chamber of Arizona, Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Arizona Informant will present My Brother’s Keeper: Sports Box Dialogue at Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, Phoenix, AZ. The event is part of the Foundation’s efforts that support youth overcoming obstacles to success by reaching their full potential.
MBK: Sports Box Dialogue is among several Phoenix area activities occurring in response to President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Community Challenge—accepted September 2014 by City of Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton
Actor and former number one tennis junior, Boris Kodjoe attended the same German tennis academy as Boris Becker and Steffi Graf, attended Virginia Commonwealth University on a full tennis scholarship and still manages to play tennis with Wimbledon Champion Serena Williams.Kodjoe will join local sports legends and executives to share personal stories, inspire and enlighten more than 500 expected students about the many opportunities-- beyond the field, race track or court that are available to them.
In addition to Kodjoe, the esteemed panel—moderated by the Honorable Art Hamilton—will include:
· Cedric Ceballos – Former Phoenix Sun, 1992 NBA Slam Dunk Champion, NBA 1995 All-Star Selection
· T.J. Millington – former NASCAR Truck Series Driver
· Augie Ojeda – former Arizona Diamondback
· Simeon Rice – Former Arizona Cardinal, Three-Time NFL Pro-Bowl Selection, Four-Time All Pro NFL Selection and 2003 NFL Super Bowl Champion
· Robert Sarver –Owner of the Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury
· Bryan R. Sperber –President of Phoenix International Raceway
· De Jon Watson – Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations, Arizona Diamondbacks
· Adrian Williams – Former Phoenix Mercury, 2003 WNBA All-Star Selection
According to Alan (AP) Powell, CFRF founder, “the panel’s unique experiences provide great insight to local youth in putting available opportunities into perspective. We want our youth to see the big picture and all that education can afford them.”
· MBK Sports Box Dialogue - Panel discussion, Q&A and vendors onsite to provide information about programs, internships, job and volunteer opportunities
· Saturday, September 12, 2015
· 1:00pm – 3:00pm (doors open at noon)
· Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church (1401 E. Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
· FREE & Open to the public – registration requested as space is limited
· BONUS Arizona Diamondbacks Outing: The first 500 youth in attendance with an accompanied adult will receive complimentary tickets, souvenir t-shirts and transportation from Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, to the Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Los Angeles Dodgers game that evening at 5:10 p.m. at Chase Field, and back to the Church following the game.
Event include: Arizona Diamondbacks, University of Phoenix College of Security & Criminal Justice, Pocket Teller Inc., Superstition Springs Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, MESA Airlines, Phoenix Police Department, Rose+Moser+Allyn PR, ThinkZILLA PR Group and City Buzz Digital.
For more information and to register for MBK: Sports Box Dialogue, call 602-258-0831 or visit www.cfrf.org.
About Checkered Flag Run Foundation
The Checkered Flag Run Foundation is a 501c3 charitable organization whose mission is to provide diverse educational programs that impact under-served students. The Foundation delivers programs like MBK sports Box Dialogue out of its belief that access to quality educational opportunities ensures the investment of every student getting to cross the “finish line.”