Asthma accounts for approximately 250,000 deaths around the world annually, deaths that otherwise could be easily prevented through appropriate treatment The asthma market saw very slow growth over the past decade, as it has become saturated with relatively efficacious standard therapies, such as short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs), inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs), inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta-agonists (ICS/LABAs), and leukotriene modifiers, and has also been facing increasing generic competition. However, the launch of seven novel targeted biologic agents and once-daily ICS and ICS/LABA therapies delivered by the next-generation inhalers will strongly drive the market growth over the next 10 years. The biologic agents will not only reshape the market growth, but will also mark the beginning of a new era of a personalized approach to asthma treatment. The realization that asthma is a very heterogeneous disease is highly reflected in the rich assortment of these targeted therapies in the late-stage pipeline.
The 2013 base-year market sales of asthma products in Japan were $1.7 billion. A dip in sales caused by the Singulair patent expiry in 2013, as well as the patent expiry of the best-selling ICS/LABA FDCs, GSK’s Advair and AstraZeneca’s Symbicort, will be offset by eight pipeline product launches, seven of which are targeted biologics. Despite the fact that the target patient pool for these biologic therapies will be relatively limited, as they will target only specific subpopulations of severe asthmatics, they will fulfill some of the major unmet needs for the treatment of severe asthmatics who do not respond to conventional treatment with the ICS and ICS/LABA therapies.
Complete report available @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/asthma-japan-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2023-market-report.html .
- Overview of Asthma including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Japan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Japan from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Japan Asthma market.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=213051 .
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Asthma.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in Japan.