Let’s face it. Parenting can be tough on the mind and the body and can contribute to the everyday stress of life.
Dr. Kathleen Hartford, author of Fit, Fun and Fabulous at Any Age, shares a few habits of Healthy Aging.
- Eat food the way God made it, as it comes from the earth, avoiding GMO foods at all costs and choosing organic when possible.
- Eat regularly, three main meals and two snacks (even if it is just a few almonds), to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Establish an effective exercise routine. Even if you can only do 10 minutes three times a week it will go a long way toward managing stress and enhancing your health.
- Enjoy 15 minutes of quiet time or meditation every day. Even if it requires that you wake up a few minutes earlier it will be well worth the effort. You can download a free meditation MP3 to get yourself moving toward a more peace filled life!
Dr. Hartford has treated thousands of patients through her integrated wellness practice, which focuses on balancing the five aspects of health. A University of Pittsburgh and Sherman College graduate she maintains deep ties to the Pittsburgh community. She is the author of Fit, Fun and Fabulous at Any Age, a program that reverses the biomarkers of aging. She is also the founder of Health Pyramid Longevity and Vitality Center and the philanthropic Sister Support Organization.
To learn more parenting tips from Dr. Hartford and other leading parenting experts, visit Parenting Expo Pittsburgh March 8 -9 at the Monroeville Convention Center. Parenting Expo is the one event that is all about parenting. A two-day family-friendly event, parents, grandparents, caregivers and educators will have an opportunity to receive up-to-date information on what’s important to them right now – from prenatal care to raising teens. In addition, attendees will walk away with meaningful coupons, giveaways, goody bags full of products from exhibitors, and opportunities to win prizes throughout the expo. In addition to Pittsburgh, Parenting Expo is slated for 4 additional cities in 2014:
- Cleveland: April 26 – 27, 2014 International Exposition (IX) Center
- Columbus: August 16 – 17, 2014 The Greater Columbus Convention Center
- Cincinnati: September 20 – 21, 2014 The Duke Energy Convention Center
- Indianapolis: October 25 – 26, 2014 Indiana Convention Center