This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global market for Unmanned Ground Vehicle for the period 2015-2019. To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated globally in the market from the sale of UGVs. In this report, the market is segmented based on the following:
- Technology (tele-operated, autonomous, and semi-autonomous)
- End-users (defense industry and commercial sector)
- Geography (the Americas, the EMEA region, and the APAC region)
The Mobile Robotics Market is the premise for the geographical segmentation of this market based on the assumption that UGVs hold a significant share in the Mobile Robotics market.
The report covers the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the leading companies in the Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market. The market shares of the leading vendors are calculated based on the revenues earned by these companies during the financial year 2013. In addition, it discusses the major drivers that influence the growth of the UGV market. It also outlines the challenges faced by vendors and the market at large, as well as the key trends that are emerging in this market.
Prominent Vendors of the UGV Market are as Follows:
- General Dynamics
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrop Grumman
- QinetiQ Group
The other vendors are AB Precision (Poole), Applied Geo Technologies, Aselsan A.S, BAE Systems, Dok-Ing, ECA Group, G-NIUS Unmanned Ground Systems, MacroUSA, Nexter Group, O.D.F Optronics, Oshkosh Defense, Oto Melara, RE2, ReconRobotics, Roboteam, RUAG Defense, Singapore Technologies Engineering.
Purchase a copy of the report at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=34481 .
What is Unmanned Ground Vehicle and its Application?
UGVs are vehicles that operate in contact with the ground with or without human intervention. The main application of UGVs is in the Defense sector. UGVs have sensors to observe the environment and the terrain in order to either navigate autonomously or as per the instructions of a human operator. UGVs are used to examine the ground, to supply ammunition to soldiers during combat, to carry out rescue operations during disasters, and to detect explosives and to detonate them.
The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 30 percent during the forecast period. The Americas is a major contributor to the growth of this market followed by the EMEA and APAC.
Market Drivers of UGV Market:
Reduced Risk of Fatalities
UGVs are a reliable source of information and play a very vital role in critical military operations. They form an integral part of defense forces, protecting soldiers and offering various other advantages, such as spotting the enemy patrolling party, supplying ammunition during combat, etc.
The report analyzes all other driving factors of this market.
Market Challenges in the UGV Market:
Battery Durability Issues
One of the major challenges this market faces is the energy limit in terms of both, supply (power to the parts such as radars or communication links) and durability of batteries.
UGVs face payload problems combined with limited space, thus affecting the power supply of the batteries. This in turn affects their operational range by hampering the supply of onboard available energy. The problem is further aggravated by the addition of more sensors to support the diverse applications such as waypoint navigation, path tracking, bomb disposal and diffusion and mine detection.
The report analyzes all other challenges of this market.
Trends Impacting the UGV Market:
Growing Inclination Toward Autonomous UGVs
There is a growing preference for autonomous UGVs because of their advantages, such as:
- Adapting to the surroundings quickly
- Carrying out rescue operations
- Detecting, diffusing, and detonating explosives
- Spotting patrolling troops of enemies.
Thus, the inclination to choose an autonomous UGV is a noticeable trend in this market.
The report analyzes all other trends of this market.
Key News in the Vendor Landscape of the UGV Market:
The report includes an analysis of the vendor landscape of this market and all its key players.
- February 2015: Oshkosh Defense showcases its TerraMax UGV technology at Future Defense Summit Unmanned Systems Conference lunch during IDEX 2015
- February 2015: Engineers at Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division designs new version of SRTGT system
- October 2014: QinetiQ introduced TALON V at 2014 AUSA Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- August 2014: Lockheed Martin in collaboration with US Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center, conducted autonomous reconnaissance, surveillance and target-acquisition, and resupply demonstration using its Gyrocam optical sensor, SMSS UGV, and K-MAX unmanned helicopter
Other Sections Include an Analysis on the Following:
- Top three Drivers and its Impact on the Unmanned Ground Vehicles Market
- Top three Challenges and its Impact on the Unmanned Ground Vehicles Market
- Top three Trends and its Impact on the Unmanned Ground Vehicles Market
- Five Forces Analysis of the Unmanned Ground Vehicles Market
- SWOT Analysis of Key Vendors Unmanned Ground Vehicles Market
For more Information on the report, inquire at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=34481 .
Sandlerresearch.org (http://www.sandlerresearch.org/) is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.