Go Deep into a Cave! Climb a Mountain! Dog Sled in Canada!
When: Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Where: Youth Cafe, Oak Grove United Methodist Church
On Dec. 3, we are inviting young men and women (14, or rising 9th grader, through 20 years of age) and their parents to an informational meeting to learn about Venture Crew 77.
What is Venturing? Venturing is a program of the Boys Scouts of America that allows young people to test their limits, meet new friends, and make a difference.
We call the youth members our “Crew,” and they’re in charge of creating the annual program, full of whatever adventures, fun and challenges they desire. The Crew decides what they want to do, either focused on a specific area -- such as camping or service projects -- or doing a variety of activities.
What can you do in Venturing? Anything you want! The Crew brainstorms ideas, decides on what they want to do and then does all the planning (with adult advisors there to guide the youth and make sure everyone’s safe).
Here’s a short list of things the Crew might do (just a sampling!):
- Zip lining
- Snow Skiing
- Aquatics: White water rafting, canoeing, motor boating, kayaking, scuba, sailing, snorkeling
- Backpacking, high adventure camping
- Service Projects: Volunteer at the Humane Society or build a Habitat House
- Climbing: Rock climbing, bouldering, caving or belaying
- Fun! Play golf, go bowling, roller skate or ride horses
- Dirt and mountain biking, trail riding
- Shooting: Pistols, archery, bb guns, shotguns
Why Join Now? Crew 77 is growing, becoming a co-ed group for the first time, and planning its schedule of activities for 2015.
I look forward to seeing you on Dec. 3 and answering all your questions about Venture Crew 77!
Yours in Scouting,
Mitch Leff, Venture Crew 77 Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check out these videos!
Be A Scout/Venturing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8a344MywtI
We are Venturers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4EGlw4UYyw