Neuropathic pain (NP) is defined as a disorder of the sensorimotor system and is distinctly different from nociceptive pain, which is a consequence of trauma, injury, or inflammation. The main difference between neuropathic and nociceptive pain is the absence of a continuous nociceptive input in neuropathic pain. Although the term neuropathic pain is used to describe a wide range of pain syndromes with varying etiologies, this report focuses on 3 distinct forms of NP: Painful diabetic neuropathy, Postherpetic neuralgia and trigeminal neuralgia. The main classes of drugs used to treat these three neuropathic pain indications include anticonvulsants, antidepressants, opioids and topical treatments. However, despite the availability of multiple pain medications only 50% of patients respond to any given drug and there are numerous the side effects associated particularly with systemically administered drugs, that reduce their tolerability. New treatments will target some key unmet needs in terms of efficacy and tolerability, but opportunities will remain for drugs that can more reliably eradicated NP in targeted patient populations, as well as offering an improved safety profile.
Key Questions Answered
- - The neuropathic pain market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the neuropathic pain market?
- - What differences exist in the current disease management across the 3 NP indications, and across the 7 markets?
- - What are the views of KOLs on the present and future landscape of the neuropathic pain market?
- - Several brands of neuropathic pain drugs are due for patent expiry. How will the patent expiries impact the neuropathic pain therapeutics market?
- - The developmental pipeline consists of several novel drugs. Which of these drugs will attain high sales revenues during 2012-2022?
- - The main driver for the expansion of the NP market will be the increasing NP incidence due to 2 main reasons: the growing elderly population
- - And the increase in the prevalence and diagnosis of type 2 diabetes which will lead to growth of the painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN) market – the largest NP segment.
- - Additionally, the approval of novel formulations and first-in-class therapies in pipeline for NP that will drive sales in this market
- - The greatest barrier to growth in this market will be the fact that the key market leading drugs will go off patent during the forecast period leading to a NP market largely dominated by generics, which raises the barrier to entry for novel drug therapies.
- - Overview of 3 neuropathic pain indications – painful diabetic neuropathy, Postherpetic neuralgia and trigeminal neuralgia, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- - Annualized neuropathic pain therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for 10 years to 2022.
- - Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the neuropathic pain therapeutics market.
- - Pipeline analysis: focus on mid to late-stage pipeline drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
- - Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global neuropathic pain therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=214307 .
Reasons to buy
- - Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- - Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global neuropathic pain therapeutics market.
- - Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global neuropathic pain therapeutics market in future.
- - Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- - Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- - Track drug sales in the global neuropathic pain therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
- - Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.