The Fourth of July weekend is a big summer kick-off, setting the stage for months of backyard barbecues, lazy afternoons on the boat, camping trips, and any number of other social occasions that often involve some degree of alcohol consumption. While these events can be a great way to kick back, relax, and even meet someone new (or at least score a hookup every now and then), the amount of alcohol consumed on such occasions can have a serious impact on a man’s reproductive health. Here are just some of the ways that knocking them back can affect a guy’s male organ health and his ability to perform. Reading about these effects may just make some men think twice about reaching for the 3rd beer, or 4th, or….
1) Alcohol has a negative effect on performance. Sure, when a guy has had a few drinks, he may be more than ready for a romp with a partner or a brand new friend; and women who have been drinking often feel the same way. Because of this, alcohol is often thought of as an aphrodisiac, not to mention a social lubricant, because as the drinks go down, so do a person’s normal inhibitions. On the other hand, while a guy might be feeling randy as he picks up a new prospect at a poolside party, when it comes down to performance time, he may find that he can’t quite get things started. The reason for this is that alcohol slows down the physiological responses related to male function, often leaving a guy unable to respond as he should.
2) Alcohol can decrease the urge. Men who have a drink or two on occasion may feel like they are more primed for action than ever; but guys who drink regularly are likely to find themselves feeling sluggish in many ways, including when it comes to their male drive.
3) Too much booze can actually shorten the male organ. Just like smoking, overconsumption of alcohol (such as regular binge drinking) can be damaging to the circulatory system, which in turn may cause some tissue atrophy in the male organ. This can lead to a visible shortening of the male organ – an agonizing effect for men who are already concerned about the size of their equipment. Fortunately, slowing things down in the alcohol department and following a healthy lifestyle seems to have a positive effect, and things should return to normal in time.
4) Alcohol can lead to poor choices. Any guy who has experienced a double-coyote moment can attest to the effects of beer goggles on his choice of partners. As already mentioned, alcohol tends to lower one’s inhibitions, and normal judgment is often suspended in the heat of an alcohol-fueled moment. This may lead guys to expose themselves to serious infections that may not only have embarrassing and uncomfortable symptoms, but also damage their ability to perform in the future.
Avoiding the negative bedroom performance effects of alcohol
During parties and other social occasions, it can be difficult to exercise the necessary restraint, especially when everyone else is letting go and having a great time. But for guys who are serious about their reproductive health and performance, here are some guidelines that can help.
1) Make a 2-drink only rule. Whether this is kept personal, or shared with a friend, host or other concerned party, is up to the individual. But starting out with this rule before the fun begins can help men to maintain some self-control.
2) Use the buddy system. This is in keeping with the previous suggestion. If two guys (or more) agree to get each other’s back during a celebration, there is a better likelihood that all of them will be able to resist the urge to overindulge.
3) Drink plenty of water. In cases where guys just have to get into the action, it is helpful to at least pay attention to water intake. Drinking a glass of water between every alcoholic beverage can help guys to stay hydrated (dehydration is a serious side effect of drinking and is largely responsible for hangover symptoms).
Regardless of what a guy does to avoid the negative sensual side effects of alcohol, keeping the male organ healthy is a must. This means using protection for every encounter, as well as getting tested often for partner transmitted infections.
Good hygiene is also de rigueur – a daily wash, followed by application of a vitamin-fortified male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) can help to keep the male organ hydrated, nourished, and responsive.
Visit http://www.man1health.com for additional information on most common male organ health issues, tips on improving male organ sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy male organ. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.