EpiCast Report: Alzheimer’s Disease - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. AD is an irreversible, neurodegenerative brain disease of the elderly, which leads to a progressive decline in memory and cognitive abilities, such as thinking, language, and learning capacity. Similar to AD, mild cognitive impairment (MCI) is also a condition of the elderly in which there is a slight but noticeable and measurable decline in cognitive abilities, including memory and thinking skills, but no dementia.
To forecast the total prevalent cases of AD in adults ages =60 years in the 9MM during the forecast period (2013-2023), The epidemiologists identified country-specific population-based studies that used the diagnostic criteria based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition, Revised (DSM-III-R) to diagnose dementia, and the National Institute of Neurological and Communicative Disorders and Stroke-Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Association (NINCDS-ADRDA) criteria to diagnose AD. Similarly, to forecast the total prevalent cases of MCI in the 9MM, The epidemiologists selected country-specific studies that defined MCI as a “slight but noticeable and measurable decline in cognitive abilities, including memory and thinking skills, but no dementia.” Additionally, The epidemiologists kept the forecast methodology consistent across the 9MM in order to allow for a meaningful comparison of the total prevalent cases between the markets.
The epidemiologists forecast that by 2023, there will be approximately 17.38 million total prevalent cases of AD across the 9MM covered in this analysis. The epidemiologists expect a 34.3% increase in the total prevalent cases of AD in the 9MM over the next decade. Similarly, The epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of MCI in the 9MM will increase from 82.25 million cases in 2013 to 108.41 million cases in 2013 at a decadal growth rate of 31.80%.
Complete report with TOC available @ EpiCast Report: Alzheimer’s Disease - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023.
- The Alzheimer’s disease (AD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of AD in the 9MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, and India). The series also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases of AD segmented by sex, age, and severity in these markets. In addition, the report includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) segmented by sex and age in these markets.
- The AD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global AD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for AD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of AD prevalent cases by severity and identify the number of cases with MCI.
Reportstack is one of the leading distributors of market research reports in the world today. We host more than 200,000 research products from the world's top publication houses. These publications are distributed amongst 12 top industry verticals and 62 sub verticals, which are then further classified into 257 business categories and 5000 micro markets. The vast selection criterion provides granular data from the length and breadth of all these industries delivering Reportstack members with cutting edge research products to facilitate strategic business decisions.
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research