Danielle Johnson, Wisconsin Department of Tourism
Lisa Marshall, Wisconsin Department of Tourism
Press Room: http://media.travelwisconsin.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STAY SNOW SAVVY THIS WINTER WITH THE TRAVEL WISCONSIN SNOW CONDITIONS REPORT
Winter sports fans are encouraged to track conditions for downhill skiing, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling this season with the help of Travel Wisconsin
MADISON (Nov. 24, 2014) – Snow is flying in Wisconsin and the popular Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report is now available to keep up with Jack Frost. Snow seekers use this interactive map to track the snow conditions for ski areas and snowmobile and cross-country ski trails across the state. In fact, Wisconsin ski areas are already hard at work making snow and are ready for skiers to hit the slopes. Grab your hat and mittens; it’s time to play in Wisconsin’s winter playground.
More than 1.1 million people viewed the online Snow Conditions Report last winter, making it the most popular page on TravelWisconsin.com over the winter season. More than 150 local snow condition reporters cover all 72 counties, reporting “virtually live” – posting their area’s status as conditions change with each snowfall. At a minimum, snow conditions reporters update once a week, making the Snow Conditions Report the most comprehensive and timely report available.
Key interactive elements of the Snow Conditions Report include:
· Travelers can share their winter fun with fellow winter sports enthusiasts by submitting their photos to the report.
· A separate interactive map for downhill ski areas, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
· Mobile version so snow lovers can view the report on the go from their smartphone.
· Easy browsing for nearby attractions, accommodations, dining or events directly from the report to plan an entire weekend getaway.
· Every area shares special notes including ski hill and trail details, outdoor travel tips, ice conditions and upcoming events.
· Printable version of the report.
Media outlets reporting the state’s snow conditions in newscasts, weather programs, weekend features, or travel sections can access the Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report in four ways:
1. Embed a dynamic and customizable version of the Snow Conditions Report to your website. Once embedded, this “widget” shows a live feed of the report in real time. In addition, the code allows the option to highlight a specific area or the whole report.
2. Subscribe online to receive the report right to your email inbox every Thursday.
3. Check the report independently at TravelWisconsin.com at any time.
4. View the Snow Conditions Report from your mobile device.
For additional information, photography or interviews with spokespeople, please contact Danielle Johnson at djohnson@TravelWisconsin.com or call 608-266-0458.
Travelers looking for year-round Wisconsin getaway ideas, travel planning, events and
free guides can discover their own fun at TravelWisconsin.com on their desktop, tablet or mobile
device. You can also choose to “Like” us at Facebook.com/TravelWisconsin or follow along on Twitter at Twitter.com/TravelWI. And don’t forget to bring all the fun Wisconsin has to offer right to your fingertips by downloading the free Travel Wisconsin iPhone or Android app.
# # #