Make plans now! Ski Spree at Sunlight Mountain Resort in Glenwood Springs, Colorado is happening February 6-8. Check out these 8 reasons why Ski Spree might just be the most fun you have all winter.
- Ski Spree takes place in Glenwood Springs, home to a trio of action-packed attractions: Sunlight Mountain Resort, the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
- After hours rail jam. After the slopes close on Friday night, watch as competitors wow crowds with their style and steeze by jumping, sliding, riding and performing tricks on a course of rails, boxes, pipes, walls and other objects.
- Colorful Colorado. This year Ski Spree salutes the Centennial State. Get creative and interpret the theme any way you see fit!
- A giant chili cook-off takes place at the historic Hotel Colorado, and with the purchase of a $10 admission bracelet you’ll get to try them all and vote for your favorite.
- Dancing! Local legend, The Missing Link Band plays at the Hotel Colorado on Saturday night.
- Discounted lift tickets. Show your Ski Spree bracelet and receive $10 off lift ticket prices!
- Fireworks! Detonating from Two Rivers Park, the winter fireworks set against a backdrop of snow-covered mountains will knock your socks off.
- Need-4-Speed. Enter in one of several categories. The rules are simple. Go fast. Have fun. Best time wins.
On and off the slopes, count on Ski Spree for a rollicking good time. For more information about Glenwood Springs, please visit www.visitglenwood.com.
Fireworks photo courtesy of Steve Vanderleest.
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com; 888-445-3696. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online press kit is available at www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit, press releases at www.visitglenwood.com/glenwood-springs-press-releases and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.