After a more than decade-long dormancy, the obesity market is undergoing a revival with the advent of several novel therapies that will lend considerable visibility to this indication space. This includes the use of combination therapies that simultaneously target multiple pathways and regulate appetite control, as well as novel molecular entities with new mechanisms of action. Due to this growing pipeline of late-stage drugs, this market is expected to experience substantial growth over the next decade. The main drivers of growth will be a large overweight and obese population that need pharmacological intervention, the increasingly frequent prescription of pharmacological therapy as physicians make preemptive efforts to curtail disease progression with earlier treatment, as well as greater responsibility of third party payers for reimbursement and thus allow greater access of medications to patients.
Xenical is on patent until 2018 in the US and belongs to a class of drugs known as lipase inhibitors which act on the lipase enzyme to inhibit the absorption of fat in the diet. Dietary fat that is not broken down cannot be absorbed and is eliminated, resulting in a caloric deficit for a positive effect on weight control. Xenical is the only anti-obesity drug approved by the FDA for long-term usage (up to one year) for adults and children age 12 and older.
- Overview of obesity, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Xenical including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Xenical for the top eight countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, Brazil and Canada
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for obesity.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Xenical performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Xenical from 2012-2022 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, Brazil and Canada)
See more at: http://mrr.cm/Z3A
Find All Diseases Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/diseases
Spanning Over 49 pages, 13 tables, 1 figure, “Xenical (Obesity) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022” report covering the Disease Overview, Disease Management, Competitive Assessment, Xenical (orlistat), Appendix.
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Mr. Amitava Sen
General Manager - Sales & Marketing
Market Research Reports, Inc.
Tel USA: +1-302-703-7787
Tel India: +91-80-26860858
For Pharma Reports: http://www.linkedin.com/company/pharmaceuticals
For latest market research presentations visit: http://www.marketresearchdocs.com
For latest market research videos visit: http://www.marketresearch.tv
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/MyMarketReportsFollow us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Market.Research.Report