Drill collars are an essential part of the drill string. They form the lowest component of the drill string. Drill collars are heavy, thick-walled steel pipes with threaded connections at both ends. The end with an external thread is known as the male end, whereas the end with an internal thread is known as the female end. The basic purpose of a drill collar is to provide the necessary weight for drilling purposes. Drill collars are machined out of solid steel bars as per API specifications. They are manufactured from standard steel (usually plain carbon steel) or a non-magnetic alloy of steel and copper or other non-magnetic alloys. The bars of solid steel are bored from one end to the other to provide passage for drilling fluids. There are usually two types of drill collar: slick and spiral. Standard drill collars are about 9 meters in length. Drill collars are characterized by high tensile strength and fatigue resistance. The various uses of drill collars are:
- To provide necessary weight to the drill bit
- To protect the drill string from buckling forces
- To provide a pendulum effect to maintain the vertical trajectory of the well
- To stabilize the drill bit to increase the drilling efficiency
- To help maintain hole size integrity
The analysts forecast drill collar market in the Middle East to grow at a CAGR of 13.19% over the period 2014-2019.
Covered in this Report
The drill collar market in the Middle East is segmented as follows:
- Design: Slick and spiral
- Raw materials: Standard steel drill collar and non-magnetic alloy drill collar
The report, Drill Collar Market in the Middle East 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the drill collar market in Middle East forecast and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Tasman Oil Tools
- Weatherford International
Purchase a copy of the report at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=37568.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Aliron Tool Research
- Challenger International
- Command Energy Services
- Downhole Oil Tools
- Global Drilling Solutions
- National Oilwell Varco
- Workstrings International
- Increased Demand for Oil and Gas Globally
- Increase in Geopolitical Issues
- Advances in Technology
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
For more Information on the report, inquire at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=37568.
About US:Sandlerresearch.org (http://www.sandlerresearch.org/) is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.