WESTFIELD, Mass. – In today’s commercial boiler market, efficiency is everything. Architects, engineers, building owners, contractors, and others are seeking systems that offer both top-notch performance and a reduced environmental footprint.
To answer that need, the KN Series by Advanced Thermal Hydronics (ATH) has improved upon their industry leading digital control platform, HeatNet 3.0, and their innovative fuel-air flow management system, Tru-Flow™, which allow KN boilers to reach operating efficiencies as high as 99%.
Ken Cohen, lead design engineer for the KN series, explained that the high efficiency cast iron boilers has been specifically engineered for premium performance and environmental sustainability.
“By further enhancing the KN series with our HeatNet 3.0 digital boiler control software and improved fuel-air management system, we’ve added tremendous value and cost savings to the proven performance of our condensing cast-iron heat exchanger products,” said Cohen. “Plus, ease of set-up, diagnostics with touchscreen programming, and remote system monitoring capabilities keep owners and property owners alerted to out-of-tolerance operation.”
The integrated HeatNet 3.0 boiler management system works in tandem with the improved Tru-Flow™ Fuel/Air Coupling boiler control system with whirlwind technology, which allows for reduced vent sizes, translating into lower installation costs and application flexibility for the end-user.
HeatNet 3.0 is the latest version of the well-known HeatNet control system, designed for precise digital boiler system control and increased energy efficiency. In addition to its touchscreen interface and real-time remote monitoring of boiler temperatures, limit circuit inputs, and overall system demands, HeatNet also provides seamless boiler-to-boiler communication in all applications, including hybrid designs, and optimizes system efficiency by prioritizing the firing rotation of all boilers within the system. A single HeatNet-enabled boiler is capable of controlling up to 16 boilers and can easily integrate with most building management systems; HeatNet 3.0 can also issue e-mail alerts to supervising personnel.
Key features of HeatNet:
• Touch Screen Programming
• Lead/Lag Cascade (16 Units)
• Adaptive Modulation
• Circulator Pump/VFD/Valve Control
• BMS Integration
• Freeze Protection & Delta T Monitoring
• Hybrid / Base Load Capability
• Priority Boiler Control
• Domestic Hot Water Communication
• Flash Drive Updateable
New 3.0 enhancements:
• Web-based remote monitoring / dashboard
• Set points
• Service logs and Test data
• Operational scenarios
• E-mail alerts
Cohen added that the Tru-Flow™ Fuel/Air Coupling boiler control system developed to keep KN Series cast-iron boilers running cleanly and efficiently, has been improved to additional application venting flexibility while maintaining its precision fuel/air premix.
“Enhancing the Tru-Flow with whirlwind allows for reduced vent diameters and longer vent runs for increased application flexibility at installation; a real savings for the building owner,” he said, noting that all KN Series boiler units are also prepackaged for simple installation, peak mechanical system performance, and easy serviceability. “They’re the first commercial boilers to achieve the high efficiency of condensing applications utilizing durable cast iron, which is both condition tolerant for durability and heat retentive for performance.”
For more information, visit the new KN Series website at knseries.com.
From raw materials to the state-of-the-art digital control system, the complete line of KN Series products is manufactured at the ATH facility in Boyertown, Pennsylvania. Utilizing decades of foundry and manufacturing expertise, KN Series boilers are cast, machined, wired and assembled to the tightest standards possible – resulting in a finished product that is all-American in terms of innovation, reliability and craftsmanship.
KN Series Fact Sheet for Professionals
The specially designed cast iron heat exchangers at the core of all KN Series boilers are manufactured utilizing over 90% post-consumer recycled materials, which make them completely recyclable. Upon installation, KN Series condensing boilers are quiet and operate near a 99% energy efficiency level while maintaining low NOx and CO2 levels.
For Architects & Engineers:
· Cast iron construction retains latent heat for maximum efficiencies and is made from recycled materials – making it a green technology.
· A simple and compact footprint makes for quick and easy installations.
· HeatNet 3.0 control software communicates freely with other mechanical room equipment, eliminating the need for third-party building management systems.
Building Owners and Managers:
· Fast ROI through quick installation and decreased energy consumption.
· Annual maintenance and service fees are reduced through a technician-accessible design.
· Cast iron construction and 21-year thermal shock warranty makes for a long-lasting investment.
· LEED compatible.
· Factory-packaged units require minimal piping and field wiring
· All units have a small footprint for easier transport
· All boiler controls are digital and are legible and easily programmed
· HeatNet 3.0 boiler control software speeds up diagnostics and installation.