LAS VEGAS – South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa celebrates the New Year on Thursday, Dec. 31 with specialty menus at the property’s most talked about restaurants including Don Vito’s, Garden Buffet, Primarily Prime Rib and Silverado Steakhouse. Guests will have the opportunity to enjoy holiday favorites and seasonal gourmet dishes while saying goodbye to 2015.
Don Vito’s will serve a four-course menu and a complimentary cocktail or glass of wine for $55 per person from 4:30 to 10 p.m., including:
· First Course: Lobster Escargot, lobster mousse in stuffed portabella mushroom; Burata and Sundried Tomato Caprese with fresh arugula; or Artichoke and Bresaola Au Gratin, marinated artichokes and dried beef tenderloin in a three cheese sauce.
· Second Course: Tuscany Artichoke Soup with crème Franchise; or Warm Winter Salad, radicchio, arugula and feta.
· Third Course: Shrimp Pan Roast with citrus risotto; The Don’s Trio, medallions of beef tenderloin, lobster and lamb, roasted garlic choron sauce with red currant reduction; Pan Seared Salmon with brown sugar and pistachio picade; Black Lobster Ravioli with parmesan brother and winter vegetables; Seared Duck Breast with poached figs, brandy sauce, wild rice and garden peas; or New York Steak with sautéed wild mushrooms and chianti reduction with a side of pasta and seasonal vegetables.
· Desserts: Chocolate Caramel Tart; Brownie Cake with chocolate espresso sauce; or Champagne Zabaglione with fresh berries.
Primarily Prime Rib will serve a three-course menu and a complimentary cocktail or glass of wine for $45 per person from 4 to 10 p.m., including:
· First Course: Shrimp Cocktail, with horseradish cocktail sauce; Wild Mushroom and Tarragon Turnovers on green peppercorn sauce; Lobster Bisque; or Celebration Salad, lettuce with diced pears, blue cheese and champagne vinaigrette.
· Second Course: Roast Prime Rib of Beef, dry aged and slowly cooked for full flavor; Festival Chicken, seared chicken breast over caramelized leeks, potatoes and mushrooms with scotch whiskey butter sauce; Bayou Catfish, blackened catfish with crawfish ragout over collard greens and Creole sauce; Surf and Turf, bourbon glazed medallion of beef and snow crab cake with red pepper cream; or New York Steak, with sautéed mushroom caps and garlic butter served with a choice of chateau or Yukon gold creamed potato or asparagus tips.
· Third Course: Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake with mandarin oranges; Crème Caramel with raspberries; or Strawberry Shortcake with drambuie cream.
Silverado Steakhouse will serve a four-course menu and a complimentary bottle of the “Wine of The Month” for every two guests, for $69 per person from 4:30 to 10 p.m., including:
· First Course: B.L.T. Crostini, apple wood smoked bacon wrapped lobster medallions on crisp crostini with warm heirloom tomato relish and a balsamic glaze; Silverado Wellington, puff pastry filled wild mushrooms, baked golden brown and served with port wine demi; Seafood Celebration, grilled shrimp on seaweed salad, cup of lobster bisque and crab cake with red pepper cream; or Apple and Cheval Cheese Beggars Pouch with Diablo sauce.
· Second Course: Chicken Consommé with the taste of Sherry; Peppered Pear and Spinach Salad with warm balsamic and bacon vinaigrette, red onion and goat cheese; or Warm Asparagus and Endive Salad with saffron pesto and marinated figs.
· Third Course: Surf and Turf Tower, sautéed shrimp, broiled beef medallion and straw potato crouton with wild mushroom jus and asparagus tips; Sautéed White Sea Bass on grilled asparagus with oven roasted tomatoes and a lemon chive beurre blanc; Chicken N’ Orleans, Creole dusted seared chicken breast over Andouille gumbo and plantation rice; Filet Mignon, 8-ounce beef tenderloin with merlot reduction served over chateau potatoes and green beans; Seared Duck Breast with poached figs, brandy sauce, wild rice and garden peas; or Charbroiled New York Steak served with creamed spinach, croquette potatoes with a sundried tomato garlic butter.
· Fourth Course: Brandy Snap Basket with fresh fruit and topped with Grand Marnier cream; Chocolate Cake with Kirsch brandy marinated cherries in a sugar cage; Crème Brûlée Trio; or Classical, strawberry or chocolate flavored ice cream.
The Garden Buffet will serve a New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day Brunch on Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 and Friday, Jan. 1, 2016 for $15.95 with a Club Card or $19.95 without a Club Card from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Guests 21 and over will have access to the bottomless Bloody Mary bar. Both brunches offer an assortment of a la carte options including Steak and Eggs, New York Steak, Personalized Omelets, Eggs Benedict, Cheese Blintzes, Banana Foster French Toast, Prime Rib of Beef, Chinese Barbecued Ribs, Louisiana Gumbo and more. Guests can satisfy the sweet tooth craving with desserts such as Peach Cobbler, Homemade Bread Pudding and French pastries. In addition, guest will enjoy an assortment of soups, salads, fresh fruits and six live international cooking stations.
Additionally, the Garden Buffet will serve a New Year’s Eve Seafood Dinner Buffet on Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 for $24.95 with a Club Card or $29.95 without a Club Card from 4 to 10 p.m. Guests will enjoy unlimited champagne as they dine on a variety of delicious buffet options including Oysters, Peel and Eat Shrimp, Sushi and Nigiri Rolls, Steamed Crab Legs, Baked Clams, Seafood Enchiladas, Snapper Vera Cruse and more. For dessert, guests will dine on Hot Peach Bread pudding, Cheesecake, Cream Pie, Cupcakes and a build your own strawberry shortcake. In addition, guest will enjoy an assortment of soups, salads, fresh fruits and six live international cooking stations.
All guests must be 21 years of age or older with valid form of ID to receive the complimentary cocktail or bottle of wine. Tax and gratuity are not included. For more information or reservations, please visit South Point’s dining website.
About South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa
Featuring more than 2,100 guestrooms, South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa overlooks the famous Las Vegas Strip and the serenity of the surrounding mountainscape. Each oversized guest room features state-of-the-art LED televisions as well as WiFi with high-speed internet connections. Guests visiting South Point will experience affordable luxury through a casino offering top-of-the-line gaming technology, more than 60 table games and a race and sports book area featuring separate viewing areas for both horse racing and general sporting events; 11 restaurants featuring a wide variety of dining options, including the award-winning Michael’s Gourmet Room; the world-class Costa Del Sur Spa and Salon; a fabulous 400-seat showroom featuring headliner entertainment; Bingo room; a 16-screen Cinemark movie complex; a state-of-the-art, 64-lane bowling center for friends and family to enjoy; and a 52,000-square foot Conference Center and an 80,000-square foot Exhibit Hall. South Point Hotel is also home to the South Point Bowling Plaza, a multi-million dollar professional bowling tournament facility. The 90,000-square-foot professional bowling facility includes 60 lanes with two parallel rows of 30 lanes, a 360-seat viewing area and a 720-unit locker room. In addition, South Point holds one of the finest event facilities in the country with the South Point Arena and Equestrian Center and Priefert Pavilion. The 240,000 square feet of event space features three climate-controlled arenas, vet clinic, feed store, more than 1,200 climate-controlled stalls and plays host to some of the country’s most unique events. South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa is at 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89183.
Jaclyn Dadas / Lea Komitzky, Kirvin Doak Communications
Lynne Ravenscraft, South Point