Global Biometrics Monitoring Systems Market 2015-2019 is a new research report added by Sandlerresearch.org under the Semiconductor & Electronics category the report also includes a discussion on the key vendors operating in this market.
With increase in the number of criminal activities related to critical infrastructure such as government institutions, healthcare facilities, and infrastructure in the transportation and BFSI sectors, demand for security technologies is on the rise. There is a need for highly reliable and accessible personal authentication and identification systems, and biometrics has emerged as a suitable solution. It is based on behavioural and physiological characteristics of individuals that are difficult to replicate.
Biometrics include authentication of individuals by evaluating one or more unique biological traits such as voice, hand geometry, gait, fingerprints, facial features, irides, and veins. Also, biometric technologies are considered to be more reliable compared to physical devices and numeric codes. With advances in hardware, sensors, readers, pattern recognition, and signal and image processing technologies; a number of biometric technologies such as vein recognition, facial recognition, iris recognition, retina identification, voice recognition, signature verification, hand geometry recognition, keystroke recognition, ear recognition, EEG/ECG pattern recognition, and palm print recognition have been developed.
The adoption of biometric monitoring systems is gaining prominence worldwide in law enforcement, financial institutions, access control, immigration, national ID, time and attendance monitoring, border control, hospitals, retail, and airport security.
Some instances of biometric monitoring systems being implemented worldwide are mentioned below.
- China Eastern Airlines deployed a hand geometry recognition system to monitor attendance of pilots. Similarly, Feng Tai Stadium used vein recognition for physical access control
- The Foreign Ministry of Russia has made fingerprint biometrics mandatory for people applying for entry visas, as well as fingerprint and retina biometrics for passports
- In India, the UIDAI has issued 82 crore Aadhaar cards, which is a biometric solution for verification of identities
- The UAE’s Ministry of Interior has installed multimodal biometric screening systems in the country’s airports
- Egypt’s Cairo International Airport has implemented biometric screening that uses facial recognition
- UK police have implemented the use of handheld mobile fingerprint scanners to carry out identity checks on individuals on the street
- Nuance Communications provides a voice biometrics application, VocalPassword, for law enforcement. It can be used for immigration control, voice mining surveillance, and offender monitoring. Voice mining surveillance monitors communications and identifies suspected targets on phone lines under surveillance
The forecast global biometric monitoring systems market to grow at a CAGR of 26.71% over the period 2014-2019.
Covered in this report
This report covers the present scenario and growth prospects of the global biometrics monitoring systems market for 2015-2019. The report also presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top four vendors operating in the market.
To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated from sales of biometric solutions, including hardware, software, integrated solutions, and services used for monitoring and tracking purposes. Monitoring processes taken into consideration are surveillance, and time and attendance monitoring. The revenue generated from after-sales services is not considered.
The report provides a detailed analysis of the following:
- Technologies: fingerprint identification, facial recognition, voice recognition, iris recognition, and hand geometry
- End-users: government, transportation, healthcare, and BFSI sectors
- Geographies: North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, and MEA
The market is fragmented with the presence of many small and large vendors. A detailed comparison of products and features from key leading vendors is provided in the report.
In addition, the report discusses the major drivers influencing market growth and the challenges faced by vendors and the market as a whole. It also examines key emerging trends and their influence on current and future market scenarios.
The report, Global Biometric Monitoring Systems Market 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers APAC, Europe, Latin America, MEA, and North America; it also covers the landscape of the global biometric monitoring systems market and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Purchase report directly @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=45553
Single User License USD 2500
- Integration of facial recognition in surveillance systems
Market growth inhibitor
- Vulnerability of biometric systems
- Introduction of biometrics in wearables
Inquire for more information @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=45553
Sandlerresearch.org is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.