GrandViewResearch.com has announced the addition of "Global Levulinic Acid Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020" Market Research report to their Database.
San Francisco, CA, March 28, 2014 -- Global levulinic acid market demand is expected to reach 3,820 tons by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing application scope for levulinic acid, particularly in pharmaceuticals, pesticides, cosmetics and solvents is expected to spur demand growth over the next six years. High R&D spending, particularly to reduce costs to competitive levels is a critical dynamic for market participants, as substitution for synthetic products in potential applications such as fuel additives, polymers, bio-actives can only be achieved at low levulinic acid prices. As of 2013, levulinic acid has emerged as a niche platform chemical in application markets including Methyltetrahydrofuran (MTHF), DALA, ethyl levulinate and Diphenolic Acid, with potential addressable demand estimated to be over 25,000 kilo tons by 2020.
Key industry participants such as DuPont, Segetis and Biofine have already developed patented technologies for levulinic acid commercialization through renewable sources. These companies are presently scouting for potential partners to share risk and cost, while working on reducing product costs. Current levulinic acid costs between USD 5 to 8 per kilo, with a target price of less than USD 1 per kilo, it is expected that the reduced price will open a host of opportunities including energy, transportation, green chemicals and specialty polymers.
The report “Levulinic Acid Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts to 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/levulinic-acid-market
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
• Global levulinic acid consumption was estimated at 2,606.2 tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 3,820 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2014 to 2020. Market revenue is expected to reach USD 19.65 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% from 2014 to 2020.
• Pharmaceuticals and agriculture applications dominate levulinic acid demand, and accounted for 66% of global volumes in 2013. Agricultural applications include Organic potassium fertililizer DALA, 2--Methylindole-3-acetic acid.
• North America was the largest consumer of levulinic acid in 2013, accounting for over 41% of the global demand. Regional levulinic acid demand in North America is expected to reach 1,598.3 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2020. The presence of large application industries in the region is the primary reason for high growth and rapid consumption.
• Key companies in the levulinic acid space include DuPont, Segetis and Biofine. These companies presently have technology ready and are in various stages of commercialization and application development. The global market is also characterized by the presence of an unorganized market in China, with key suppliers being Jiangsu Yancheng China Flavor Chemicals Co, Hebei Langfang Triple Well Chemicals Co.Ltd, and Shijiazhuang Pharmaceutical Group Ouyi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd. among others.
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/215
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global levulinic acid market on the basis of application and region:
• Levulinic Acid Application Outlook,
• Agriculture (Organic potassium fertililizer DALA, 2--Methylindole-3-acetic acid)
• Food Additives
• Levulinic Acid Regional Outlook,
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
• Bio-based Levulinic Acid Potential Downstream Platform Outlook,
• Methyltetrahydrofuran (MTHF)
• Delta aminolevulinic acid (DALA)
• Diphenolic Acid
Request Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/215
Latest Market Research Published By Grand View Research:
Global Specialty Fuel Additives Market Expected To Reach USD 8,517.6 Million by 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/specialty-fuel-additives-industry ) Deposit control additives emerged as the leading market products and accounted for 39% of total global volume in 2013. Increasing demand for detergent as an additive is expected to fuel the demand for deposit control additives over the forecast period. However, cold flow improvers are expected to be the fastest growing product segment at an estimated CAGR of 7.9% from 2014 to 2020. Positive outlook on biodiesel demand, especially in regional markets of North America and Europe is expected to boost cold flow improver sales over the next six years. The global demand for cetane improvers is projected to reach 209.6 kilo tons by 2020, at an estimated CAGR of 5.7% from 2014 to 2020.
Global Intelligent Virtual Assistant Market to Reach USD 3,071.9 Million by 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/intelligent-virtual-assistant-industry ) Large enterprises were the dominant consumers of intelligent virtual assistant services, and accounted for over 80% of the overall market in 2012. Market prospects for small and medium enterprises (SME) are expected to be positive, with adoption rates expected to increase considerably over the next six years. Demand from travel, utilities, telecommunication, etc. is expected to be a major opportunity for market participants. The lack of standards and metrics may pose a barrier to industry growth over the next few years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com
Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist
Grand View Research, Inc
San Francisco, California, USA
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519