This holiday season Glenwood Springs is a brilliant, thrilling, breathtaking destination where the packages save you a bundle and splashing out at midnight is a family affair! In other words:
- Hotel Colorado Lighting Ceremony. On Friday, Nov. 28, one of the most extravagant lighting displays in Western Colorado takes place at the historic Hotel Colorado. At the flip of a switch the night sky is illuminated revealing Santa waving from the balcony to the crowds below. A fireworks show, indoor lighting displays, musical entertainment and an arts and crafts show add to the celebration.
- New “Winter on the Mountain” at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. The equivalent of 35 miles of lights has transformed the Park into a twinkly winter wonderland atop Iron Mountain. A giant lighted Christmas tree takes center stage with visits from Santa and carolers adding to the festive spirit. Also new: lighted thrill rides, the 4-D movie “Winter Wipeout,” fire pits for roasting s’mores and a fresh family-style menu at the Lookout Grille. Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday – Sunday, with extended dates through the holidays.
- Opening Day at Sunlight Mountain Resort. Friday, December 5 is the day Sunlight Mountain Resort opens for the 2014-15 ski and snowboard season. The resort is famous for its family-friendly terrain and breathtaking views of the Elk Range.
- Ski Swim Stay Packages. Colorado’s best winter recreation deal is a winner on and off the slopes. Ski Swim Stay bundles a lift ticket to Sunlight Mountain Resort, admission to the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, and overnight accommodations in Glenwood Springs starting as low as $99! Best of all, kids 12 and younger ski free with a paying adult (some restrictions apply).
- New Year’s Eve at Glenwood Hot Springs. Ring in the New Year with a splash at Glenwood Hot Springs on Wednesday, December 31. On the last day of the year, the world-famous hot springs pool stays open until 1 a.m.! The alcohol-free event is ideal for families who want to celebrate together.
For a brilliant, thrilling, breathtaking, money-saving family affair kind of holiday, book your Glenwood Springs getaway today at www.visitglenwood.com.
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com; 888-445-3696. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online press kit is available at www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit, press releases at www.visitglenwood.com/glenwood-springs-press-releases and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.