‘Tis the season… To give!
(Of course, there’s no reason you can’t give any time of the year!)
Ten Ways to Spread the Holiday Spirit Locally:
Please add to this list!!
1) Buy a pre-cut Christmas tree where proceeds support local nonprofits at ACE Hardware supporting Lander Valley High School Band and Mr. D’s supporting the Cornerstone Christian School.
2) Donate a warm blanket through the Kiwanis Youth Key Club. Collection boxes are at Mr. D’s, Atlantic City Federal Credit Union, Safeway, ACE hardware, Central Bank and Trust, Community First Bank, First Interstate Bank, Alco and McDonalds.
3) Support Lander Community Christmas Food Baskets prepared by local volunteers. Over 250 turkeys are purchased by the Elks club and over 300 food and toy baskets are made for local families. Send a monetary donation to Lander Community Christmas Baskets PO Box 125. Over 75 volunteers are needed the week of December 15th to put baskets together and deliver baskets. Contact Deanna Trumble at 349-2173 to volunteer.
4) Donate food or monetary donation to the Care and Share Food Bank accepts nonperishable food donations especially canned meals, tuna, peanut butter, low-sugar cereal, canned fruit packed in juice, and low-salt vegetables.
5) Bring a warm meal to a senior or family in your neighborhood.
6) Walk a dog or pet a cat for the Lander Pet Connection.
7) Support Toys for Tots by donating a new toy or gift card. Wrap, label (boy or girl and appropriate age), and drop off presents at DOWL HKM 945 Lincoln. (See attached pic)
8) Random Act of Kindness… when/if it snows, shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk, leave a bigger tip, buy someone’s meal/drink, etc, go Christmas caroling in your neighborhood.
9) Shop locally—support your local merchants who in turn support our community.
10) Donate to your favorite nonprofit or one that helps support all of them: The Lander Community Foundation—a 100% volunteer-run organization!
The foundation sponsors the Challenge for Charities and grants to local organizations. These community-driven efforts have become important new traditions that have a big impact in our small community. In order to sustain these efforts, LCF is asking you to consider GIVING a gift, TODAY to help support the foundation’s operational costs. You can make a secure gift online at www.landercommunityfoundation.org. If you'd like your LCF gift to be a gift to someone on your holiday list, we can send a card commemorating that gift.
(PS. There could be worthwhile tax benefits to donating money, too… it’s a win-win!)
The Lander Community Foundation wishes you a safe and happy holiday season!